Part 1

Nikki groaned. The silence in her room is deafening her. She hates staying behind confined walls, which has no tale to tell. The most irritating thing in the world is silence.

She woke up from her nap before 15 minutes. Nothing has been happening here. She sat in her bed, with disheveled hair. She noticed her eyes turning red every day. All thanks to the dreams.

Dreams.
She dreamt to be a Disney princess in her early days. And she was treated as one. Only till their parents were alive. Soon they passed away. The fairy tale got uglier. She had everything with her, only the necessity was missing.

Her yearn for love.

She missed her parents terribly. The night outs with her dad, the family galatta , those sweet moments with them.

The hardest part was their memories are slipping by as days pass. She can't hold them on. They are fading slowly. Soon, they would disappear as her parents did. That is scaring her more.

She can't confide about this to anyone. No one was there for her except few when her parents disappeared. And the other few were for the wealth her parents bestowed on her. She felt burdened. The relationship with every other human being tired her out. Talking with people felt like attending an unprepared maths test.

Sleeping peacefully was although another problem. She could solve a tough balance sheet than doing that.

Things were not happening. She could not feel anything.

The void they left was so deep that it could not get filled by anyone.
But her Messiah came in the disguise of Mridhu.

Her fellow batchmate from Vet college.

She is working for government hospitals and currently posted in Uriyamegh. (an imaginary place)
Uriyamegh is a village-city combo that entertains many wild animals due to its mountains and forests.

Mridhu wanted Nikki to come and advise over what's really happening in there. Because something is harming every animal in there. They can't quite place what it is and why.

She needed Nikki's help. And She thought a change of place would do good. After biding bye to her closed ones, she left for Uriyamegh.

Will Uriyamegh change anything for her?

◆◆◆◆◆

5 days later.

Nikki woke up sweating. This is the 4 time it is happening to her. What is it? What does it want from her? Why is it disturbing her? Her thoughts were going rounds and analyzing what and why that would do.

Is it real or something of her imagination? Maybe staying near forest is affecting her! She stayed all her life in the city. That might be the reason. There is nothing as a spirit in this whole universe. She holds a BVSC degree. She can't think like this. It's absolute foolishness. What the hell is happening in her head?

Maybe she should visit a Psychiatrist. That would do good. This must be because of her depression. She is imagining things. She would get rid of them anyway. She vouched and slept.

There, in the other corner of the world, a shadow of wicked flesh smiled cynically hearing Nikki's thoughts.

"Best of luck Nikki" It whistled.