Chapter 4

It had been two weeks since Marlon Lachowski and his best friend, David James Gandy broke into Inanna Dobrev and Jennifer Montez's apartment. Throughout the two weeks, the besotted men had been in contact with their ladies. They called them, almost everyday. 

"Oh my god, he's calling me again. Inanna." Jennifer whined, as she sat down on the couch, placing her phone on the coffee table. Inanna laughed. "I think he's into you." she stated. 

Jennifer turned to look at Inanna, "Are you crazy? A greek god like him, is interested in me?" She shook her head. "I'm so sure it's Lachowski's doing. He probably got David to call me up, to find out about his princess." Jennifer winked at Inanna, while Inanna blushed. 

"Stop, I'm not his princess. We're just getting to know each other." she said, while skimming through a magazine. "Dating, you mean dating." Jennifer teased. Inanna threw a pillow at Jennifer, "Stop it." 

"He really loves you, Inanna." Jennifer looked at her, and smiled. "I'm scared, Jennifer. All of this seems like a dream. I'm afraid someone will pinch me, and all of this will go away." Inanna said, sadly. 

"Ouch." Inanna winced, as she turned around to face Jennifer. "I just pinched you, it's not a dream. It's not going away. I told you, Inanna, you're worthy of love. And I'm so happy you found Lachowski." Jennifer said, as she hugged Inanna. 

Inanna could not understand her best friend. A few weeks ago, she was so against Marlon Lachowski, but now, she was so supportive towards Inanna and Marlon's relationship. Was there something she knew about that Inanna didn't? Inanna's thoughts were interrupted by the loud knock on the door. 

Jennifer opened the door to find both of the gorgeous looking men they were talking about, right in front of their doorstep. Marlon entered the apartment, and walked towards Inanna. He cupped her cheek that was slowly turning red. And slowly leaned into her, his lips touching hers. Her lips were moving in perfect sync. He then pulled her closer, the kiss became deeper and more passionate. It took a while before they finally pulled apart.  "We're getting married." Marlon stated. 

"Marlon, have you completely lost it?" Inanna asked, shocked. Jennifer and David were looking at each other, signalling each other to say something to their respective best friends. Both of them were completely unsure of how to handle the situation that was happening in front of them. David knew the reason behind Marlon wanting to get married to Inanna. His rivals were planning an attack on Inanna, and Marlon was not having it. He wanted to make sure that Inanna would be by his side forever. He wanted to protect her. Marlon insisted that marriage was the answer. 

"Yes. If protecting you means losing it. Then I have. Inanna, I cannot lose you. I have many enemies out there, and they know that my weakness is you. So this is what we are going to do. We're going to get married, you're going to stay by my side and be safe with me, forever." Marlon said, furiously. He did not want to waste time arguing with Inanna. Besides, he hated arguing with Inanna. All he wanted was to be happy with his girl. That's it. 

Inanna looked at Marlon. His eyes looked as if they were silently panicking. His hands were tightly clenched into a fist. How can anyone love her so much? The way he was so committed to protecting and loving her. She had fallen in love with this man. She really did. Maybe this wasn't the perfect proposal most ladies expected, but seeing his love and commitment for her. In her eyes, this was the perfect proposal . 

"I'll marry you." she said, while looking at Marlon. "Listen, Inanna, we are not going to argue. I-" Marlon, stopped. Did she just agree to marry him? He turned to look at Inanna, a huge smile lit his face. He pulled her body closed to his and wrapped his arms around Inanna. She sank her face into his chest, as if asking him to never let go. "I love you, Inanna Dobrev" he whispered.