Chapter 3

Omega Pov

  In the days following that kiss, my life only grew more confusing. I am happy to say he left his room. Sadly, he only left to spend time with me. Trying to do any kind of chore has been impossible with him. I don't know what's expected of me anymore. All he seems to wish of me is to eat and sleep.

  Even now he makes me sit on furniture instead of constant standing. He sits staring at me as I fidget in the plush cushions. He keeps trying to have "talks" with me. He mostly just stares at me intensely. It has been very uncomfortable.

  "Why did you reject me?" He finally asks. I never really thought he'd ask that.

  "I thought from your actions that you would feel guilty if you did it sir" I speak softly. Loudness would get me severely punished.

  "I wasn't going to reject you", he says, "I need you. I will always need you". His words only confuse me further.

  "But, you told me that I'm worthless and that no one will ever love me", I tell him doubtfully. He flinches back in pain.

  "I'm so sorry for hurting you but, I want you to know that me not accepting your rejection isn't just about the mate bond. I don't care how much this hurts me. I just want you to come back to me someday. Even if that never does happen because I know I don't deserve that I want you to know I love you".

  Tears come to my eyes. What does he mean? He doesn't love me. No one does. I want his words to be true so bad but, I know they can't possibly be. I do love him. Why must he hurt me more with his lies like this? This is crueler than him just accepting and killing me.

  "Hope? Hope, please why are you crying? Darling let me fix it", he begs me. Why does he beg? Alphas don't beg. This would be a show of weakness for only the eyes of his true mate to witness. We don't belong together. I would only be a disgrace and who knows when he'll realize that? I feel my breathing pick up even more so.

  "Hope please calm down, you're scaring me" he stands from his chair and comes dangerously close to me. Bending down his forehead rests against mine. His fingers trace softly over my jawline. My ragged breath halts in my lungs. Those tingles I have been becoming more familiar with these days dance across my skin. His every move I electric in the best way. My back arches as shivers of pleasure run down my spine. My stilled breath finally finds its way out of my lungs and mixes with his.

  His eyes glance down to my parted lips and for a moment I remember the feel of his against him. I remember what I gave to him that day and how perfectly in sync we were. He was gentle with me. He was nothing like how he had been in the past. He was pure magic for a moment. Then I remember that fear when I realized he wasn't pulling away. I don't know if I deserved that.

  I tilt my head up to my lips to meet the just the corner of his. He moans at the feel of our almost kiss. I lift my hand to trail a thumb just along the perimeter of his lower lip trembling from the tease of it. His eyes start to turn animalistic, yet he holds himself back still. His hands drop from face to my waistline.

  I flinch in pain and the moment is over. His eyes turn to concern and he bends further to pull up my shirt just a bit.

  "Please don't" I whisper but, before I can stop him, he has seen that which can't be unseen. My scarred body unveiled to him. Past wounds haunt my famished body still. Some were carved into it intricately in a calculated kind of anger while others were rougher and brash. Most of them were put there by him though.
He looks up to try to meet my averted gaze. Desperation comes off him in waves. He drops my shirt in shame and pulls away. He takes his spot again in his chair.

  "I'm sorry for having overstepped my bounds" he apologizes "I won't do I g it again unless you want it". That was the problem though. I wanted all of that and more but, I also want to be as far from him as I possibly can be. I'm starting to realize he may want me. I also know that this could be an act to get me to accept him so he can hurt me worse as his mate. What would he do if I mess up again? I can't take that kind of abuse as his accepted mate. That kind of heartbreak would be unbearable. People never really change.