☾° › five.

「Sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 30ᵗʰ˒ 1991.」 

DᴇVᴀɴᴛᴇ DᴇGʀᴀᴛᴇ.

Standing in the middle of what looked like nowhere compared to the civilization I had grown accustomed to

Standing in the middle of what looked like nowhere compared to the civilization I had grown accustomed to. I was surrounded by grainy sand, scorching heat and the pyramids of ancient Egypt. The Sphinx's and statues dedicated to the gods of Ra were standing tall, the sunlight reflecting off of them beautifully.

I knew this place all too well. It was my home before and after my transition. The place where I was the next heir of the thrown, it was also the same place that I destroyed with my own thirst for blood after my lover was put to death. One by one I tore everyone involved with her demise to shreds, assumed position as Pharaoh and reigned terror on the people under my rule for years.

I ain't bragging about it, but I was that nigga. Feared by all and wanted by even more.

Feeling the presence of another being, I slowly turned around to face the mountains where the sun was now setting. My eyes narrowed as my orbs landed on what looked like another entity.

"Nyx?" I asked, setting my eyes on the shadowy figure moving toward me. Her body moved fluidly and I know that stature anywhere. Just as graceful and elegant as ever.  As she approached me, it felt like the wind had been knocked out of my chest.

"It is I, my sweet Prince. I'm here because I could feel you doubting me. For thousands of years you've doubted me. And even after I show you that I was always honest. You're still unsure, why is that?" Her eyebrow raised as her head tilted slightly to the left.

 You're still unsure, why is that?" Her eyebrow raised as her head tilted slightly to the left

"So....Zena is from you? You sent her to me? But she's nothing like you. She doesn't possess any of the same qualities you do. She just has your beautiful face. She's malleable, she fragile, afraid, she's cute and she's funny...she's human." I stated, trying to make sense of the situation. Why would she promise me her, but offer me something totally different.