☾° › nine.

Zᴇɴᴀ Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx.

"You ready to go in?" I asked Faith and she gave me a look of skepticism. I felt the same way she did but I knew if it had to between the two of us to be the brave one, it would definitely be me. I knocked against the front door of the house before I placed my hand on the door knob and I twisted it.  "Lesane?" I called out before I even pushed the door open.

Once I did, Faith pushed me toward the inside of the house, causing me to stumble in and I immediately turned around to buck up to her. "Don't do that shit!" I yelled before I heard rattling in the kitchen of the house. He wasn't on the couch anymore, where we left him. And Jasmine was nowhere in sight.

"L?!" I called out again before I began to walk through the home, as soon as I stepped into the hallway leading to the kitchen I gasped. Jasmine was laying in the middle of the floor, her body was still rising and falling, letting us know that she was still breathing.

"He's gonna fucking kill us!" Faith whispered before the noise got louder, which proved to be the sound of pots and pans banging against one another. I closed my eyes and said a quick prayer, but it didn't feel like God was on our side at this point as is.

"I'm starving." He said as he looked back at us. He looked exactly the same as he did the day before. There was nothing different about his appearance except from a slight glow in his eyes that hadn't been there. "Why am I so hungry?" He asked and he went back to looking in the fridge.

"'Sane, what happened to Jasmine?" I asked, he shrugged slightly and turned back to look at us. "When I woke up she was laying right there. I thought she just passed out from the party or something. I actually don't remember shit after—. Getting caught fucking you, by you." He said, pointing at the both of us before letting out that signature cackle. Lesane's parties were known to get wild and he was notorious for forgetting what had happened the night before. So him not remembering wasn't abnormal to him. In fact, he seemed to not realize that he was different in the slightest.

"You don't remember anything after that?" I inquired as Faith and I took a few steps toward him, but we still kept a considerable amount of distance in case we needed to run. For all we had known, this amnesia thing could've been an act that he could've been using to lure us in. He could've known the strength of his new found powers after all. He only shook his head as a response to the question.

"Do you feel different?" Faith asked and he finally closed the fridge and looked up at us.

"I do actually. I have the hangover from hell, man. It's like everything is so fucking loud. It's almost like I can hear your heartbeats or ya' pulses or sumn'. And every time I go near the sunlight it feels like the shit is burning me. It's probably the flu or something." He concluded, but the change in his voice told me that something wasn't right in his statement.

"The flu, huh?" I asked, grabbing Faith's arm and pulling her back slightly.

"Yeah. The flu. And something smells really good but I can't tell what it is...that shit got stronger when the two of you came in though." He observed as he hauled his slick oral muscle over his bottom lip. His predatory gaze set on his as a sinister chortle ripped through him violently. "I've never felt like this before." He confessed as Faith and I stood still as if we were undetected when we weren't moving.

"Zena, come here." Lesane demanded as he used his index and middle digits to beckon me over to him. Slowly, my head moved from side to side to non-verbally dent his request — or demand rather. The look on his face made it apparent that he wasn't giving me a choice, but by the time he began stalking over, I grabbed Faith's arm and I ran as quickly as I could out of the kitchen.