Chapter nine

********

Damn this feelings.... Crystal thought as she got ready for work. A few weeks had gone since Michael asked her to lunch. She found herself thinking about him more than normal. Even though she wanted to be really close to him, she resolved to do the opposite. She didn't want to go through the heartbreak that was bound to happen if they entered a relationship. Like they say 'once a player; always a player.

She arrived the office about ten minutes late and quickly got on with the days activities. Soon Kelly popped in

"hi girl" she greeted cheerily settling herself on one of the chairs.

Crystal looked at her friend closely. It seemed as if she had this glow around her "what's with the radiant look this morning" she asked her

"its obvious isn't it?" Kelly smiled

"what is obvious?" Crystal looked confused

"OMG... Crystal he proposed...we are getting married in a month" kellys eyes seemed to shine brighter

Crystal did a semi-crazed dance in her office and pulled her friend for a hug " am so happy for you dear ...this means we have a wedding to plan"

"yes oo and i really need your help making sure that everything is right"

"of course. You don't need to ask. I will gladly help you"

"lets i forget, you are my chief bridesmaid"

"awww... Thanks for the honour" she hugged her again

"what else were you expecting. Your my best friend, there no better person to do it. Anyways i will see you after work"

Crystal felt really happy for her friend but that didnt stop the little pang of jealousy she felt. She hoped to settle down soon too although she was yet to meet her Mr right. Sighing she threw herself into work. Soon someone knocked on her door. What's with all the disturbances today..

"come in"

"hi pretty" Michael gave her one of his mind blowing smiles

Crystal felt a little fluttering in her stomach though she kept her face neutral " good afternoon sir, how can i help you?"

"please drop the formality. Its just Michael and i brought you lunch" he was still smiling

What's with this man? Dosent he ever give up or is he too blind to see the handwriting on the wall. "oh thanks but am not hungry. Am too busy right now"

"i appreciate your zeal. But am the boss and am saying we take off sometime to eat. Just 30 minutes" he tried to convince her

"am really sorry but am busy" Crystal looked away. She didn't want to feel guilty

"is it so bad that i want to spend time with you" he dropped the lunch bag on her table and turned to leave.

Crystal clamped her legs together to keep from running after him and asking him to stay with her. She felt it was best they stayed away from each other

Michael wondered why the pretty lady he had his eyes on kept rejecting him despite his numerous attempts to spend time with her. He couldn't recall being rejected like this before. Ladies actually try to woo him not the other way round. He wondered if Crystal didnt consider him handsome enough to spend her time with him. One thing he was certain of was that she was driving him crazy.

Sighing, he pushed away his lunch. He had lost his appetite. Oh God please help me.. He groaned placing his head in his desk. Why did he have to feel such intense feelings for a stubborn girl.

Her stubborn attitude didnt deter him at all. Before he knew it, he was at the door of Kelly's office. He wanted to tell her how serious he was about her friend so she could help him. Since he met her through his best friend, she had always had this match making vibe around her. He really hoped Crystal's rejection had nothing to do with his past reputation as a playboy.

"Kelly" he entered

"Michael hi.. What brings you here?" Kelly showed him to a seat.

"i need your help" he began then stopped, choosing his words carefully he continued "i like your best friend Kelly, i really do. But she wouldn't even spend five minutes with me or allow me get to know her better. It seems as though she is repulsive to my presence" he looked frustrated "i know i have not been the best of persons in the past, but i have changed and if she could spend a little time with me, she would see it" he ran his hands over his face "you are her best friend and i know you can help me talk to her"

To say Kelly was amazed was to put it mildly. Her fiancee's friend had never been flustered because of a woman before. Her friend had accomplished a great feat. But she didn't know whether to believe his change or not..when it came to Michael and women, one couldn't be so sure. "i love my best friend and i don't want her getting hurt. No offence but hurting women is your speciality. How do i know you have really changed?"

Michael let out a tired sigh "am really sorry about my past but that guy isn't here anymore. If you can't talk to her then help me get sometime with her" he pleaded desperately

Kelly was quiet for a while. If Michael had come all the way to her office because of a girl, that meant he was serious "i will help you but whatever you do, don't hurt her" she tried to look mean

Michael almost laughed because of how hard she was trying to look mean but thought against it. As if Kelly had a mean bone in her body. Still yet he didnt come this far just so he could hurt Crystal " i promise i won't. Thank you" he got up to leave.

He stopped for a moment at her door wondering if he should ask about that other guy he saw with Crystal. But on a second thought he walked out. He had faith that if he could spend time with her, he could convince her to go out with him somehow, regardless of who she was involved with.

*******
Don't forget to vote