Chapter Ten

********

With all the wedding preparations, crystal didn't know when the month sped by. The wedding was already here. Crystal advised her friend to get enough rest promising to wake her up bright and early the next day. True to her word, she woke Kelly up as early as five am so they could say their prayers together and then make sure everything was in place.

When the make-up artist arrived, crystal shooed Kelly to her room to get ready. By 10am they were already at the church. With the way Kelly was griping her hand she was sure she would end up with blisters.

"crys am nervous'' Kelly was still squeezing her hand

'hey...its okay to be nervous. Infact I would be surprised if you weren't nervous. When you get in there just focus on the face of your man, trust me every other face would drift away" crystal assured her

"thank you for everything..your the best friend anyone could ask for" tears threatened to spill from kelly's eyes.

"there there... no crying or you would soil your makeup" crystal sniffed to hide her tears as she hugged her friend

"now we better get down before your hubby comes looking for you himself"

Kelly laughed and allowed Crystal to help her down from the car before taking her father's hand.

.........
As crystal walked up the aisle behind the bride, she couldn't help but think the best man looked really familiar. An uncomfortable feeling of been watched overwhelmed her as they got nearer.

When she got close enough to the see the best man face she nearly fainted. How could Michael of all people in the world be the best man? This was clearly Kelly's doing, she would never stop playing matchmaker. She would deal with her later. Right now she had to figure out a way of escaping his company especially at the wedding party where they were meant to dance together.

Why did he have to look so handsome... crystal watched him discreetly, when she thought he was not looking her way. Soon the ceremony began and a lot of people could be seen sniffing into their handkerchiefs as the couple took their marriage vows.

After taking as many pictures as possible, everyone headed to the party venue. Crystal made sure she always had something doing to avoid communication with Mr. handsome. When it was time for the bridal, crystal wanted to disappear. Left with nothing else to do she sneaked off to find a perfect hiding spot to rest.

It wasn't up to twenty minutes when someone interrupted her bliss "you really don't know how to hide' he teased

"whoever said I was hiding?" she flipped her hair over her shoulder and lifted her glass to her lips to stop them from trembling

"look at me here thinking you were avoiding me" micheal clutched his chest in mock surprise

When he saw she wasn't going to laugh, he continued " so... can I have this dance?" he stretched out his hand

Crystal knew that the chief bridesmaid will have to dance with the best man so it was either now or later. "sure" she took his hand.
..........
Michael felt his heartbeat increase as he led her to the dance floor. This was the closest he had ever been with her and he didn't want to ruin it. Moreover he still had to get her to go out with him.

As he gently placed his hand on her waist he felt her stiffen underneath his touch " hey relax, am not going eat you' he chuckled then he leaned down close to her ear and whispered "at least not yet" she shivered slightly and he felt like kissing her there and then but he had to control himself lest he scare her away.

Few seconds into the dance he stopped. They were both too tensed to dance freely and he came up with a plan " since you don't want to dance with me, let me make you a deal"

"what deal?'' she asked warily

'you go out on a date with me this Friday and we forget about dancing today' Michael held his breath awaiting her answer
.........
Crystal speedily nodded her head. She would do anything to flee his presence. After all it was just a date which would hopefully be the last

'thank you, you won't regret it' Michael was saying but crystal had already hurried away.

It was when crystal got home that the full impact of her choice dawn on her. She couldn't believe she agreed to go out on a date with someone she liked but wanted to avoid at all cost. It was clear now that she was officially a goner anytime he was near her. There was no backing out now, she had to get ready for Friday. At least she still had a week to prepare.

*******
Don't forget to vote