Chapter fifteen

*******

Micheal rushed back to the office to see Crystal. When he got there her office was locked and her boss told him she had taken leave for the next three weeks. He was scared. What if she had travelled. So many things had been left unsaid between them. Now that he had the real result he needed to talk to her.

As soon as he stepped out of the office building he raced to his car. He had to check her house. He was even surprised that the road traffic officials had not apprehended him by now.

When he arrived, Much to his despair, her house was also locked and the kind security man told him that she travelled just that morning.

The pain in Micheals heart increased. Why did she travel? Couldn't she have waited a little longer? Why hadnt he found out about Lillian's scheme earlier? All this questions weighed heavily on his mind as he sat in his car tears threatening to fall down his face. He couldn't wait for her to come back in three weeks times, a lot of things could happen in that long span of time.

Then he remembered Kelly. Surely she would have told Kelly where she went. He needed to see Kelly. No matter where Crystal went to, she took his heart along and he had no choice but to follow.

********
Crystal laid her head on the car trying to rest. The journey to her parents house was not far yet she was totally drained. She could only attribute it to the emotional trauma she was in.

Micheal... She hadn't heard from him in days. How did he even survive without speaking to her because she was barely sane. How could he even stay away from her. True, she was the one that asked for space but he should have known that she meant the exact opposite. She just wanted to see him fight for her. Instead he choose to stay away.

She rubbed her head tiredly and looked out of the window thinking of how she was going to make sure her parents don't notice anything. She knew it would not be easy to deceived her mom. That woman had sharp eyes.

"Miss we are here" the driver pulled her out of her thoughts

"okay. Thank you. Here's your money, keep the change" she alighted the car as the driver thanked her profusely

She stopped for a moment to take in the familiar surroundings. She had really missed them. She kept her tears at bay at she made her way up the front steps.

After two knocks the door pulled open to reveal her mother "Crystal.. We weren't expecting you" her mom hugged her happily before pulling away to scan her face "sweetheart what's wrong? Why have you been crying?" her asked concerned leading her inside the house.

Crystal didn't answer, she just hugged her mom tighter as sobs wrecked her body. So much for hiding it. Everything was now out in the open.

Mrs Jason didn't ask questions she just held her daughter as she cried wondering what had happen to shake her like this. She hoped it had nothing to do with Micheal. When her tears stopped flowing, she simply took her to her room to shower and rest while she went to the kitchen to make dinner. She was glad her husband wasn't home. He would have been so worried.

As she went around the kitchen making dinner, she prayed that God will give her daughter peace. She knew Michael couldn't be far from the reason for her daughters tears.

She still had her doubts about Michael. She approved of the relationship only because of how happy Crystal had been. The last she had seen Crystal that happy was before her sickness.

Mrs Jason rubbed her temples tiredly. Thankfully her husband was away for a few days. Crystal would have calmed down before he returned. Her husband loved his only daughter so much and seeing her in such a state may deteriorate his health further.

Mrs Jason watched as her daughter struggled to eat dinner. When Crystal was done, she parked away the plates and faced her. It was time to talk

"Crystal what really happened?"

Fresh tears poured from Crystal's eyes as she looked at her mother. She started from the beginning and told her mum all that happened. When she finished, she collapsed in her mum's arms too tired to cry out.

Mrs Jason silently comforted her daughter while thinking about what she just heard. She knew her daughter had acted rashly but that was not the right time to tell her that. She would wait until Crystal had calmed down before telling her.

Soon Crystal drifted off to sleep. Her mum tucked her in bed and stared lovingly at her. It pained her to see Crystal suffering like this. But she knew that everything would eventually be alright.

*******
Don't forget to vote