VI

Ally was freaking out for multiple reasons. The main one being her date with Normani, but she was also freaking out because she didn't know how to tell Lauren that she was going on a date with their rival. Like how do you tell someone that?!

"Als are you ok?" Lauren asked.

Ally sighs "uh I don't really know how you're going to feel about this but...I have a date with Normani!" She said quickly.

Lauren's jaw dropped and her eyes grew wide "when did that happen?" She asked. Ally nervously played with her fingers "uh when we were in detention." She mumbles. "How did that happen?" Lauren asked. Ally ran her fingers through her hair "um well...we kind of were making out and...I sort of said that I was unsure about us and what we were doing. So Normani told me that we were having fun...but if it made me feel better she would take me on a date and I agreed." She answered.

Although Lauren was shocked she could see how excited (and nervous) Ally was about this date. "Aw Allycat I'm so happy for you." She said honestly. Ally breathed a sigh of relief "would you mind helping me pick out an outfit for Saturday?" She asked. Lauren smiles "I would love to!"

-

Laying on the grass Lauren looks over at Dinah "did you know that our best friends have a date on tomorrow?" She asked softly. Dinah chuckled "that really doesn't surprise me." She says.

Turning on her side Lauren faced her "what do you mean?" She asked curiously. Dinah glanced over at her green eyed girl "it means that Normani works fast when she likes someone." She says, "and she really likes Allyson." Lauren tilts her head "and how do you know that?"

Dinah laughed "me and Mani have been best friends since we were four I know everything about her and I can tell when she likes someone. I knew she was gay before she told me. So knowing that she has a crush isn't really that hard to figure out." She says. Lauren nods "so you're ok with our best friends dating, even though we're rivals?" She asked.

Turning to face the green eyed girl Dinah gently placed her hand on Lauren's hip. "Jauregui, I don't really think they're rivals anymore. They both like each other too much to be rivals anymore." She tells Lauren.

Lauren looks at her "what are we then?" She asked softly. Gently moving her brown locks out of her face Dinah smiles "we're figuring it out." She answered. Lauren smiles a little "I'll take that."

-

Normani was freaking out because she has never done this before. She's never gone out on a date before because it wasn't her thing. She was more of a one night stand type of girl, she liked hooking up and that was it. Normani has never liked someone enough to go on a date with them.

"Dinah what am I going to do?!" She panicked, "I'm freaking out D!"

Dinah rolls her eyes "Manz chill. Everything's going to be ok," she stopped Normani from pacing "your date with Ally is going to be perfect. She's going to love everything that you have planned. I promise." She says. Normani took a deep breath and calms down. "I really hope so."

"Do I look ok?" Ally asked.
Lauren smiles "you look amazing Als!" She said honestly. Ally nods as she continued getting ready. Ally has never really been out on a date before, so she was pretty nervous about this one. She just hopes everything goes well.

A knock on the door made Ally tense with nervousness. God please let everything go well. Sensing her nervousness Lauren smiles at her "Als you're going to be fine. Normani is going to like you, I promise." She said. Ally nodded "I can do this."

Walking down the stairs Ally fixed her hair before answering the door. "Hey Normani." She greets shyly. The blue haired girl smiles at her "hey Allyson, you look beautiful." Normani compliments. Ally could feel her cheeks getting warm at the older girls compliment "oh um thank you Normani." She muttered in a shy voice. Normani chuckles at her shyness, it was cute. Holding out her hand Normani led Ally towards her car. Let date begin.

Arriving at mini golf Ally couldn't stop herself from getting super excited. "Oh my gosh I've never been Mimi golfing before!" She says, "I'm so excited to try it." Normani was pretty sure that she has never seen or met anyone as innocent as Ally. It was endearing in a way. "I've only really been golfing once but it was fun...so I thought we'd try it together." She says. Ally's smile grew as she looked at the dark skinned girl "I can't wait."

Ally threw her head back and laughed as Normani once again missed the hole.

"You know since you think this is so funny then you try." Normani said.

Ally smirks "fine I will." She said, taking the golf club from Normani. Lining up herself and the ball with the hole Ally took a deep breath before hitting the ball. Her eyes grew wide with joy when she got a hole in one. "Oh my gosh! I got a hole in one! I can't believe I did that!" Ally yells with excitement as she clapped her hands together.

Normani couldn't help but smile at Ally's excitement, it was cute. "You're cute Ally." She compliments softly. Light brown eyes locked with hers "thanks Mani." Ally spoke softly. Taking the shorter girl's hands in her own Normani gently pulls Ally closer to her. "Can I uh can I kiss you?" She asked timidly. Ally grins and nods "of course." She whispers.

Cupping her cheek gently Normani leans in and softly connects her lips Ally's. Sparks flew as their lips moved in sync with one another's. Although they have kissed before this kiss was definitely different from the previous ones that they have shared. No, this one was definitely special, unique in a way and they loved everything about it.

-

"Why did you come over again?" Lauren asked.

"Because I thought you could use some company since your best friend is out on a date with mine." Dinah replies.

Rolling her eyes Lauren sat up "you know I was perfectly fine on my own." She says.

Dinah chuckled "I know...but I thought it would if I was here." She says. Lauren scuffs "I swear you're so smug." She said. "Smug enough for you to make out with." Dinah smirks. Lauren shoves Dinah "you really are the most cockiest arrogant person I have ever met in my life!" She said. The ombré haired girl chuckles "and you're the most snobbiest stuck up girl I have ever met." She says.

Lauren bit her lip as she tried to hide her smile "why do our compliments hold insults?" She asked. Dinah sighs "because it's kind of our thing. We both aren't very good at accepting compliments up front, so we use light, somewhat playful insults to compliment each othe because it's easier that way." She says, glancing up at Lauren "think of it as our thing." Lauren giggles "I like that."