i've stopped. - part 1

"lance, shut up!"

"lance, dont even start."

"im sick of you!"

ah, yes. lance was treated exceptionally in his team. coran was the only person that treated him equally. to everyone else, he was just an annoying joint they needed to form the required part of voltron. they thought he was stupid and oblivious to their blatant hatred. but he wasnt. he picked up on their sighs, their mutters. 

 and it hit him hard. 

allura was the single most fed up person with lance. with his comical flirting, it was not coming as a surprise that she was completely done with the cuban. 

he noticed it, you know.

so he stopped. he stopped the flirting, the jokes, the laughs. he kept quiet and only spoke when asked a question. as hard as it was to suppress the words, he knew hed just irritate them. 

nobody noticed. 

he was still asked to shut his trap. the annoyed sighs were still there. he just couldnt satisfy anybody, huh? least of all himself. 

"you okay, bud?" asked hunk.

"y-" 

"lance, dont. hunk, can you help me with this?" said allura.

"huh? oh, sure. see ya, lance."

lance responded by running to kaltenecker's area in tears. he couldnt even formulate a sentence to say to the one thing here that wont mind. he spent the night leaned on kaltenecker's legs, dried tears crusted on his face.

the next week, they were under attack by a small fleet. lance was concerned for their safety, so he tried to offer a battle plan. but before he could utter a word, he was stopped by allura.

"LANCE, DO NOT EVEN TRY TO START. YOU ALONE ARE WORTHLESS AND EXPENDABLE, THE BLUE LION HAS MADE A MISTAKE CHOOSING YOU!" she screamed.

lance stared at her red, shaking face of pure rage. he couldnt say he was shocked. just surprised she would snap mid battle.

he pulled his hood up, over his shiny eyes, and stumbled away. the others looked on, not expressing concern for the boy. they all didnt care. well, almost all. hunk was crying, but he couldnt go to comfort lance. they all needed to fend off the galra first. 

when the galra retreated and the crew relaxed, they decided to head after lance. shiro and hunk made allura lead them, as she was the main one there to apologize.

"lance?" she knocked on his door. they heard no response. after ten minutes of pure begging, pidge got into the altean locks and decrypted the system security. 

they saw lance.

"u-um, lance? ive come to apologize. i have only said the things i have because you have never stopped flirting or making jokes since i met you. it set me off, and im sorry. please try to stop the nonsense and we will all be closer, okay?"

lance slowly turned his head to the lot; eyes focused on allura.

"havent you seen ive stopped?" he whispered.

A/N

hello, oliver here. so yeah, new chapter. this is probably a oneshot, unless its requested to be a twoshot. let me know, and thanks for sticking with me!