Chapter 5

Joyce p.o.v

I was in shock.. And by the look in all of their faces so were they

"Sarah I-

Before I could say anything Sarah lunged at me, tackling me to ground, cursing at me the entire time.

"Stop!" Derek yelled pulling her off of me and pushing her aside, his eyes were darker! than before and there was now anger in his eyes. "Don't touch her" he said with a low growl.

"Derek I'm your fiancé!" She yelled trying to win this battle, but she wasn't. Derek was defending his mate.. Even if it was towards Sarah.

She turned to me with so much sadness and hurt in her eyes, I saw her silently cry to herself.

I looked to Derek and he was still so Pist, he was like a momma bear protecting his cubs. "Derek?" I whispered causing him to turn to face me. He slowly walked towards me and kneeled on the floor.

"Yea baby?" Sarah heard this causing her to shake with anger, I was surprised she hasn't shifted yet, she was controlling her wolf really well. Did she know we were mates?

"Go" I whispered

"W-what?" He asked surprised

I put my hand to his face and held it looking into his eyes "go" he nodded, not staying to argue with my decision. He walked out the backyard to where my parents were

"Sarah, please let me explain" I tried to grab her hand but with one swift motion she was now straddling me to the ground

"How could you! You were my best friend. I loved you like my sister! How dare you take my fiancé" she shouted trying to hit me but my arms blocked her the entire time. I rolled us over and I was on too this time

"You took him from me first!" I yelled back, I couldn't help it but I told her. I finally said it

"W-what.."

"He's my mate Sarah..." I got off of her breathlessly and layed beside her.

"N-no. H-he can't be" she said through clenched teeth, she turned her head and faced me. "I love him Joyce." She said sobbing lowly.

I wanted to cry, to be there for my best friend

"No!She took our mate! Kill her" my wolf growled. As much as I wanted to. I couldn't, I felt bad for this girl laying beside me. The girl I've known my entire life, my sister, my other half. I knew her better than most and she knew me like the back of her hand. We've honestly never fought.. Especially not for boys.

"Joyce." She stuttered

"Sarah" I turned my head to look at her

"I hate you.." She sobbed

"I know." I hated myself too right now. I was taking someone she loved so much. But I couldn't help it. The pull we had was so much stronger than any of us, and I was done fighting it. If he wanted me, I was willing to give us a try. I wasn't in love with him like I was supposed to be. Being mates, destined for life, is like a hypnotizing ray. When you see that person, it's like everyone disappears. Like you've know them all your life and you aren't able to do anything, eat, sleep knowing they're not yours. The pull is too strong and you both immediately fall in love. I could feel the pull, but I wasn't in love.

"But he's your mate"

"What?" I asked surprisingly

"If I found my mate I would've done the same. But I haven't and thought I never would. I love Derek so much and thought it wouldn't matter if we did find our mates or not." She explained laying her head on her arm, looking down at me.

"Sarah he's a alpha and they're pull is almost impossible." It was true. It was rare for some wolves to not find they're mate but if you were a alpha it was almost impossible.

"I k-know" I tried to scoot closer but she just got up and fixed herself.

"Bye Joyce." She said trying not to choke from all the tears falling from her eyes. She slowly walked away and out those two front doors.

I sat up and cried. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I was so heart broken, I lost my best friend. But i wasn't gonna give in letting Derek leave. He was mine so I had to let her go.

"Baby?" Derek asked walking back in coming towards me. I didn't say a word.

He picked me up bridal style and walked towards my room upstairs, once we were in my room he placed me on my bed. He tried to get up but I tugged on his shirt not to leave '

"I'm not going anywhere baby" he said comforting me. He moved the covers, laying besides me holding me while I quietly sobbed into his chest. He stayed there the entire night, holding me into his arms stroking my hair. I tried to stay awake but I couldn't, he kissed my head and that was the last thing I saw before entering a deep sleep.

----------------------

It felt to good to be in his arms, my little figure fit perfectly into in muscular one. He was drop dead gorgeous.. My wolf was purring in delight. She was so happy to have her mate, we both were. I woke up in the middle of the night to a now sleeping Derrick, he was so cute when he slept. He was facing me with both hands around my waist, holding me tightly.

I looked up to his see his god like features. He had big full lips that I wanted to kiss every time I saw them. his eyes were a dull bluish grey which were extremely sexy, and his hair was a very light brown, cut short. He was about 6'2 while I on the other hand was about 5'3. Yea I was pretty short.. His body was perfect. His amazing 8 pack and the biceps on that boy, oh god.. I was raking this sexy man right in from of me and I wasn't ashamed for one second. I mentally giggled to myself. I took my free hand and slowly brushed his cheek, than slowly lifted my head kissing his cheek. This felt so natural, I barely knew anything about him though? I'll ask him in the morning. I layed back into the crook of his neck and fell back to sleep

I hope you all liked this chapter!! I'll be updating another chapter in about a week or couple of days if I can. Please comment what you thought and like it up!!ill get more into Derek's thoughts and there upcoming relationship in the next chapter