chapter 7

Derek's p.o.v

I kissed Joyce on her head after I wrote the letter than got my stuff and headed out to my car. I felt bad for leaving Joyce but I had some business to take care of, with Sarah. I left around seven, thank god no one besides alpha Steven was awake and thankfully in his office. I quietly walked to my car, trying not to wake anyone up. I felt like Desmond in assassins creed, I thought to myself trying to slowly but surely start my car. I didn't want Joyce to know I was on my way to Sara's just yet. I know she'd want to come and that just make matters worse. 

I drove about a good 30 minutes until I ended up at Sarah's house. I called, no answer. Than again, no answer. Dammit Sarah! I thought as I threw my phone. I was frustrated, I needed to talk to her!

I got out of my car slamming my door, so she'd hear me coming.

Sarah lived alone in her parents house with her younger brother Terrance, after her parents died  she took on the role as his legal guardian, after alpha Steven gave her the go to. she told me the story of their death about 2 months after we started dating, her mom and dad both went on a trip to Seattle for their business. they should've made it there within 2 days but just a couple hours into it the plane was hijacked. Now the guys hijacking didn't think their plan through, they killed both pilots along with some of the passengers. one being Sarah's dad. Sarah knew this because her dad was contacting her before they found out he had a phone, and killed him. none of the hijackers knew how to fly the plane and neither did the passengers, they were stupid enough to kill off they're only source of living, the only people that could land them to ground safely. a day later Sarah found out that the plane her parents were on crashed, just a few cities over from Seattle.

She told me she was only about 15 when it happened, and the only reason she got through it was because of Joyce...

Joyce... I missed her, I should call her. I took out my phone and went to her number, she was saved under "Joyce ❤️" yeah it was corny but I was so happy to finally be with her. it rang about two times than instantly went to voice mail, she was probably upset about me leaving this morning."ill talk to her after I'm done with Sarah" I said to myself

"Sarah!" I screamed while slamming my fist on the door hard enough for her to hear me.

nothing.

"Sarah so god help me! if you-

"I'm coming dammit," I heard her yell as she tried to run down the stairs "what" she croaked, her voice was raspy and hoarse, it didn't sound like her. Her eyes her red and puffy and her hair was a mess.

"Sarah, can we talk?"

"Theres nothing to talk about" she whispered almost about to cry, I felt like shit. I hurt her so bad. I wanted to make her happy but she wasn't my mate...

"Sarah we need to talk" I yearned

she moved aside telling me to come in, I walked in the doors looking around, all the lights were off, except the upstairs hall and the kitchen. "wheres Terrance?" I asked trying to break the silence

"Derrick why are you here" she looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

I scooted closer to her after taking a seat "Sarah we need to talk about yesterday. And I'm here to apologize" I went to grab her hand but she backed away from me.

"save your breath I know she's your mate, you can have your god damn fairy tale, I know she's prettier, smarter, even though she's a whor-

"Shut up!" I growled causing her to tense up. I've never yelled or growled at her till yesterday and now. "don't you dare finish that sentence" I roared causing her to jump a little