chapter 2

I  woke up the next morning with a huge I headache. shit I thought to myself as i got up to take a shower and change into some clothes. I finished my shower and changed into knee high dark blue jeans, dark pink tank top, pink derrick rose shoes, and left my hair down and all natural. not wanting to run into anyone I left through the back door. I haven't changed into my wolf in a while so I just started running and sprinted shifting into the big white wolf I am, that was one thing I loved about being a wolf. 

when I stopped running not turning back to my human form i saw a big brown wolf across from me, much bigger than mine. he didn't seem harmful, in fact my wolf wanted to be closer to him. when I looked him in the eyes I knew exactly who the wolf was, Derrick. did he know it was me?  he ran back in the woods and came back out back in human form wearing only shorts. wow was he built, I couldn't take my eyes off his tan six pack. 

"change" he said throwing me his black t-shirt.

I ran into the woods and came back out as soon as I could only wearing his shirt, I felt a bit uncomfortable being half naked in front of him but than remembering we were mates i felt a bit more relaxed.

"how did you know it was me?" I asked surprised

"I'm your mate, I could tell by your scent" he stated walking towards me.

not one moment being around derrick did he take his eyes off of me. "so your the famous Joyce i've heard so much about" he said looking me in the eyes.

"yes" I replied "and your derrick, your exactly how Sarah described you" I said which made him chuckle.

"what are you doing here? are you following me" I said taking a step back

"look Joyce I  know we've known each other for a good 24 hours but we're mates and- 

I cut him off before he could say anything else I said "yea were mates, nothing else. your Sarah's fiancee and soon to be husband so lets keep it that way and just act like nothing even happened between us. so don't go looking for me. don't try to act like there's more to us than just being friends. don't think about me or anything else you might have planned" he raised his eyebrows at me, I could tell he was surprised at my words and I felt like kicking myself for saying them to him.

 I could see how hurt he was"Joyce your my mate, not Sarah" he stated with anger and confusion

"but you're her fiancee and you both love each other. me coming around shouldn't change anything, I mean  you knew you had a mate so why get married to another girl?" I asked showing how hurt I am with his decision.

"that was before I met you, I thought It'd take forever to find my mate plus i was already falling for sarah, unintentionally. with me taking over as alpha soon, meeting  Sarah, it just made sense at the time to propose. yes I loved her, loved as in past tense but now my feelings for you are much more. me and Sarah did have something but you can't blame me if I want to be with you, she'll understand" he said while putting his arm around me not leaving any space between us."you have to stay with her" I said

"I can't. how can you act like you've never met me, like none of this means anything" he growled

"It would devastate her if you left her just like that" I said taking a few steps back

"well what about you and your feelings? I have a say in this too. I can't marry her anymore, my feelings aren't the same and I won't be with her knowing I have my mate" he said shaking with anger

I couldn't take the hurt, love, sadness in his eyes. it hurt me to see him this way. I wanted to run up to him and hug him, never let go and tell him to just be with me and everything was going to be alright.

"I'm not just going to let you go like that, not after finding you. your my mate and if it takes me forever to be with you so be it but I'm not going to marry Sarah. I'm going to be with you no matter what it takes" he said in a possessive voice

I could tell he was serious and meant every word he said, but I wasn't going to give in so easy. he thought he could just have me like that and leave Sarah like she meant nothing just when he wanted, well he had another thing coming. I would just have to resist him with everything even if he is my mate.

now this wasn't only about Sarah and her happiness anymore, derrick has just started war with me and I wasn't about to lose or give in so easily. I was in it to prove something bigger to him and everyone else. I may be stubborn and hard headed but when i put my mind to something I don't stop till there's no more. i may have been acting a little dramatic and blowing things out of proportion but if derrick was going to start something, I wasn't going to let him do it alone.

at that I smirked at his challenge "and you think what your going to do is so easy? leave Sarah? break my best friends heart? try to win me over after that? you obviously don't know me than" I said turning around walking away

"I may not know you as well as I want to, but I know that not everything your saying is true and you know that to. your scared to be with me. your scared to lose your best friend and have her hate you. your scared to have people and your family think of you differently. for someone as smart and loved as you are your oblivious to many things especially when it comes to loving someone else". he said which caused me to stop in my tracks but still keep my back faced to him

I was shocked by everything he said, many of it was true. I could feel hot water running down my cheeks than I noticed it was me crying, not because I was hurt by his words but because he could figure me out so easily. I was afraid that everything he was saying was true. Am I that clueless to how he feels and what I'm about to start with him? Could I honestly be happy with him and love him like I wanted? What about Sarah. "No Joyce no" I thought to myself.

Sarah is your best friend she's been there for you and you can't just take away the one person that makes her the happiest she's ever been. If it meant sacrificing my happiness for hers, than so be it. That was one thing derrick was wrong about. I may be clueless about my own love life but when it comes to my friends and family who care and love me, I'm selfless.

I wiped the tears off my face and started walking again, I heard him calling after me but i didn't turn around. I kept walking until I reached the pack house. I couldn't think. I was more confused than ever. I felt like I had to get away because with all of them around it's just made things worse and was clouding my decisions. I took in a deep breath. I said I was going to try everything in my power to resist him and leave her happy, he loved her I was just clouding his decisions and I just had to make him see he still felt the same way he did when he decided to marry her.