Undeserved Truths

"You took an oath, Taehyung," Jungkook growled at him, his eyes sharp and piercing and his voice filled with thick menace, "You took an oath to obey me –"

"And I am not breaking it, nor am I planning to." Taehyung quickly cuts off. Sometimes, his younger brother is too quick to jump into conclusions, and he just needed to stop that. "I am not refusing you," Taehyung explained, "I only need you to halt for a moment– there's something i need to ask you."

After a while, Jungkook stopped trying to get out of the hold he was locked in and surrendered himself as he fell limp; squished in between the bed and his brother sitting on top of his chest, both of his arms still pinned above his head by the elder's surprisingly strong grip.

"Fine, speak." He spat, venomous as ever, yet this time Taehyung doesn't seem to be too hurt by it.

"I need to know..." For a moment, images of Bogum and the things he'd said clouded Taehyung's mind. He can't be right, can he? This couldn't all be just because of Jungkook's jealousy of the throne, could it? "Why you do the things you do."

Jungkook frowns at that, somewhat confused; Taehyung was being too vague to take his point across. "Elaborate."

For a moment it was silent between the brothers. Jungkook was too busy keeping his breaths steady and Taehyung seemed to be... too busy being afraid? "I'm– I just – I know you are hurt, Jungkook. And I kind of understand why you would do this to me –I met Bo –" Taehyung stopped himself before he let the name spill; he doesn't think Jungkook would appreciate the reminder. "I mean, um, well, I have assumptions, but I know not if they are true."

And at that Jungkook groaned, clearly frustrated since chatting 'casually' while being straddled wasn't actually the most comfortable thing. "Get to the point, Taehyung, save both of us some breath."

"Ah, um, okay –I just needed clarification; are you doing this to me out of spite because you couldn't get the throne?"

For some reason, Jungkook seemed wildly unimpressed, with his eyes flat and his lips pulled into a thin line. Obviously his jealousy of the throne had long been discovered, and he hadn't ever actually tried to hide it either, so it wouldn't be surprising even if half the people within the land knew about it.

"That is not even a quarter of my cause."

A hopeful glint flies through Taehyung's eyes, and, well that's albeit annoying actually. Why was Taehyung always so transparent? So honest and so true to himself? Jungkook is honestly starting to get tired of being able to read his elder brother like a goddamned children's book.

"Why then? Was it something somebody else had done to you, and you just needed to vent it out to me?"

Jungkook rolls his eyes, "This is pointless. You are not going to get any clarification from me, now get off."

Shaking his head violently, Taehyung tightened the grip he has on his brother's wrists and presses down his weight in order to express his seriousness. "Just tell me," he demanded, "Please, I need to know."

But the younger was adamant, and just as stubborn as his elder brother. "Taehyung, it doesn't matter."

Taehyung growled this time, and he wasn't angry but he will be if the other keeps up the act. Obviously to know the reason to why his brother had tormented him through the past months means a great deal to him.

"Yes it does, tell me!"

"WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME THIS ANYWAY?!" Jungkook suddenly lashed out, though only verbally as he didn't even move a muscle to try and get out of his brother's hold. "If I told you it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter." Jungkook says, tone calmer this time but a thousand times more menacing than before, "What change would my reasoning bring you anyway? Would you be any less ashamed? Less humiliated, less hurt if you knew for sure what my intentions were?"

Taehyung, now startled, suddenly grew timid, though he refuse to let go of the younger just yet. "I – I don't know – yes, maybe."

Jungkook laughed then, his voice loud and piercing, "Nonsense!" he shouted into the other's face, "You are the future king of this land! Prideful, arrogant! Your place is above everybody else and that is where you've stood through all these times. It doesn't matter even if the reason behind the things I've done were because I care, oh, so much about you – either way you are just as ashamed as you are now to be below me."

Though unseen, Taehyung's heart beats faster within it's cage; growing more and more restless as seconds go. Despite his brother not actually saying anything harmful to him, Taehyung finds himself more hurt than ever. "Why would you say that?" he gradually asks in a slow voice, "None of the things you said were true."

"Oh, really, now?" Jungkook taunted as he licked his lips; a habit he had earned since long ago. "But Taehyung, surely you are aware, that the only way everything I just said could be untrue is if you either enjoy the things I've done to you, or if you just love me altogether – and you don't, do you?"

When no word is said between the pair after Jungkook's question lingered within the air for a good two minutes, both of the brothers find themselves shocked to their bones. "Taehyung," Jungkook hissed after a while as he pulled himself out of the elder's now-loose grip, and then he grabbed Taehyung by the collar of his shirt and repeated, "You don't, do you?"

And for a while, lies lingered within the elder, floating in his head and swirling in his mouth. A part of him wondered if he should become the deceitful thing that his brother is for once in order to save what self-worth he has left, yet as the silence grew longer, he finds himself becoming more and more incapable of twisting his tongue the way he wants.

So before there could be a chance for something to be done, Taehyung jerked himself away from the other with an alarming speed and stalks out of the room as quickly as he can–though not without mumbling something that sounded like,

"I wish I don't."

///

Tell me your thoughts on the chapter, and don't forget to leave a vote on your way out :D

The next chapter will come up next tuesday :>