My Turn to Torture 16

Michael's POV

1 week later

We continued to go to school like normal, but there was nothing normal happening. We didn't communicate. She was gone the morning after she slept over. I was surprised to see her in class but then again I knew how strong she was. I handed back papers towards the end of the period and when I got to Josie's she didn't seem happy with her results. I sat down at my desk and finished grading other work. The bell was getting close to ringing. "C-." I looked up at the hand that slapped their report on my desk. Leaning back in my chair and removing my reading glasses. She continued. "I defined sex in the best way I could. And I proved that the difference between man and woman isn't just physically but emotionally and spiritually as well." "How are you?" I asked suddenly after her rant. This wasn't about the grade, she took an all nighter for this one for sure the way it looked. "I'm not not satisfied with the grade you gave me." I cleared my throat. "The grade I gave you or the grade you received?" The bell rung through out the campus. She was silently fuming as the classroom cleared out. I stood up and closed the door. "Mr. Spearman?" She was pure torture. "Baby what's going on? You don't call, you don't text back." "I've been busy Michael. I've had a lot on my mind and I didn't need to ruin your life as well." "I'm sorry. I just... I don't want to loose you. I love you Josie. And I'm going to pummel that kid he can't hurt you or be the reason you're running away from me." "Michael no, you're going to loose your job, or hell worse end up in jail." "I don't care! Damnit Josie you matter more than anything. You mean the world to me." She began to cry. "Come here baby. Shh." I held her head to my chest and kissed her forehead. I loved her and if that meant moving to another city to be with her, so be it. "I love you." She whispered. "I know baby, shhh." I let her cry into my chest as I held her so close and tight afraid to let go. I'm going to make Will's life a living hell as long as I'm still here.