Chapter 6

Well hello there...how's life? Okay, the first part may have sounded creepy. So, this chapter...have fun with it. It'll be different, but good. This is going to be good...

Maxon's POV

I walked up the stairs alone, Celeste had stolen America for god knows what, and there was no point for me to stay. I thought about America, I was confused by her, by my feelings. She acted fine and looked fine and smiled, really smiled, but her eyes said she was NOT fine, but only her eyes. When I looked at her, I saw the same person I fell in love with, but she wasn't the same. She was different. 

I reached the landing quickly, but the second my feet hit the landing, the rebel alarm went off quickly. I didn't process what was happening for a minute. A guard called my name, I was pulled back into reality and started running after him. A gun was fired somewhere in the distance, I knew it was the southerners, it was a gut feeling, it was that feeling of dread, filling every inch of my being with fear and adrenaline. 

I ran as fast as my legs could go, sweating and breathing hard. I thought about Kriss, where was she? Was she okay? My mind couldn't help but drift to America, who was fierce and energetic and would fight her way out if she had to. I knew that I should've been worrying more about Kriss, my fiance, but my only thought was of America, if she was safe and alive and unharmed. 

We finally found a safe room and I went in, the guard closed the door behind us and I ran down the dark stairs to the room. I saw that someone was already in there, to my dismay, it was Daphne. Her posture was perfect as she sat on a chair, the only chair in the small space, her eyes closed and in prayer. Daphne opened her eyes, sensing that I was in the room.

When her blue eyes found mine, she said, "Oh, it's you."

I pursed my lips and said, "Yeah, it's me. Do you have a problem with that? I'd hope you wouldn't." 

"You are so naive," Daphne said.

I took the hint to shut up and said, "Okay, I will be quiet now."

Daphne muttered a thank you under her breath. I sighed and sat down on the bed, leaning my head back onto the wall, this was going to be a looooong day.

America's POV

We ran and ran, our heels all hitting the ground hard. We kept on running until a guard found us, it was Aspen. He directed us to a safe room. We all got in, Kriss first, then Celeste, then me. But as I was walking through, I heard a gunshot. I looked around, and Elise was there, blood staining her white dress. Her mouth was in a perfect o. I heard screams, more gunshots, Aspen telling me to go in. But I refused, she had I couldn't but he made me, pushing me in, Celeste and Kriss as well. and we sat, and we mourned for our lost friend.

"Lady America? Lady Celeste? Lady Kriss? You must get up," the voice of a guard woke us up. As we stepped out of the safe room, I saw the body of Elise still on the floor, dead. She was gone.

Okay! Before y'all kill me, let me explain. So first, I've been super busy with midterms and science fair and other personal stuff. Also, I just have no motivation to write this story anymore. When I first started it, I really wanted to write this, but as time went on, I've just had no motivation to write anything. That's when you know that the story you're writing just isn't for you anymore, when it no longer excites you. So I think that I'm going to finish this story in a couple more chapters, probably five-ish. Sorry, it's just I have no motivation to write this story anymore.