Chapter One: Part II

As promised here is the next part of Chapter One. Sorry for the terrible wait, I assure you it was not planned. I have a lot going on in my personal life right now but I am getting back on my feet and I feel so much better! Hope you all enjoy this next chapter. I really tried the make it longer.
Enjoy, my dumplings!!
XOXO,
Starlet W.

**********
***********

Silence.

Silence came first.

Then there was pain.

It was blinding and came over me in waves, pinning me to the snow covered ground.

Streams of crimson trickle from great gaping wounds and stain the clouds of white crystals blanketing the ground.

My vision blurs and only a whisper of pain escapes my aching throat.

Petals of frozen crystal fall from the clouds and pillow around my broken and bleeding body.

A surge of adrenaline pours into me and I attempt to push my body up and out of the snow.  

But pain is not on my side.

My body has become my enemy.

Blood has once again, become my worst nightmare.

I collapse. And the blood stained snow swallows me whole.

*********

*************

****************

Crunching wakes me.

Chilled ears twitch and flop over frost covered shoulders.

Fingers grip lifelessly at frozen powder, finding no footing.

Eyelashes accented in ice struggle to separate.

The crunching grows louder until it is right by my fallen and cocooned form.

Do I hear… sniffing?

Silence greets me once more before I hear the sound of what can only be described as bones and flesh being torn apart and then shoved back together.

After that all I heard was wheezing and heavy breathing.

For awhile that is all I heard, my ragged, muffled breathing mixed with wheezing and the sound of someone struggling to find a breathe.

Then, without another sound the crunching leaves me, quicker than it came.

I lay lifeless for the longest time after that.

All hope of rescue or even a quick death had been crushed.

I let my body start to shut down, my wounds frosting over as the blood flow lessened.

And then, just as I gave up, the crunching returns. Faster and louder than before.

The sound of digging grates at my now sensitive ears.

Warm hands pull at me and a hiss of pain leaves my chapped lips.

Within several excruciatingly painful minutes I am free.

Colors flash before my eyes and they struggle to focus.

A warm palm is pressed against my cheek and my eyes focus.

Green. Bright green eyes stare down at me. The green of a forest in spring time. The green only a fairy tale meadow would have. A green that's beauty is only rivaled by the dark chestnut curls that perfectly frame the face that holds them.

Suddenly my heart throbs in my chest and a sickening familiar feeling takes ahold of me.

And with inhuman strength and speed, my body lurches towards her and my fangs, enlarged and throbbing, sink deep into her neck.

The sickening crunch of teeth breaking through flesh and bone is all that echoes throughout the forest.