eight

[leave comments]
Chapter 8

"How. . . I can't believe this. . .", Louis murmurs. I frown. "W-What?"

Doctor Sanchez brings a hand up, pinching is eyebrow like he's in distress. I can't fathom the ability to produce a coherent sentence, and I do not think a chocking sound would defuse any tension, happen I try to speak. "I do not know how to explain it past; you went. . . unprotected and. . . an egg fertilized, attaching to his kidney. I need to stress─"

"Men are not able to get pregnant! Why─I. . . oh, my God. You're kidding aren't you?", Louis gargles, his hands rubbing up and down his face viciously. I blink. "You have to be, to be kidding, right? He's not carrying a child, a baby right? My baby. . . my baby. My baby"

"What─"

Louis cuts Doctor Sanchez of suddenly, a wild animal sound coming through his mouth. He grabs my thighs harshly and holds my eyes with his. I start crying. "It is my baby, right?" I hiccup. What? Why would he even ask that? "It─It is mine, right? I─I, Harry, please say it? It is mine?"

I open my mouth, wiping my eyes with the sleeve of my jumper. My stomach still feels like it's getting impaled, I am─apparently─with child, and now my boyfriend is accusing me of cheating? Just the idea of being unfaithful makes me more nauseous. My head spins violently, "Hey, excuse y─"

"Those footballers─", Louis interrupts, tightening his grip on my thighs. I whimper in pain, but Louis must consider that as conformation because his face drops further and he throws his head into his hands, his shoulders start shaking. Violently. I look at Doctor Sanchez in confusion, but he just looks mortified.

He takes a step forward, then backwards. Like he's nervous. "Mr. Styles? Is that. . . you always flinch whenever I try and touch you. I never thought. . . did something happen?" My breath hitches and an agonized whine leaves Louis' mouth. I cover my mouth with my hands and shake my head quickly, then nod, because that was a lie.

"I got ca─caught by some rival footballers at the last game we went to. I was al─lone and they pinned me against the car and they. . . they started feeling me up. B─But Liam came and got me b─before anything serious happened", I gasp, coughing slightly, holding my stomach as a new wave of pain washes in. I can't tell if it's emotional or physical. I wince either way.

"That i─is serious, Harry!", Louis springs up, and I nearly tumble off the bed in surprise as he grabs my face, yanking it to his neck, "That is so serious. . . but, nothing else happened. Right? Right? You told me everything that happened?" I nod, sniffling into his neck. He squeezes me tight, then he suddenly loosens his grip, pulling me to look at him by my shoulders, "So it's─it's mine? I'm the dad? I'm a dad?"

I sniffle and nod, a small smile etches onto my lips until Doctor Sanchez interrupts, coughing into his hand. We both turn to look at him and he has a grim look on his face. His clipboard in hand, he sits back on his chair, pinching his eyebrow in a way I'm quickly assuming he does when he's anxious.

"I wouldn't be labeling myself 'dad' just yet. I can see you are getting fairly used to the idea of being a parent very quickly, and I will happily direct you to some amazing adoption centers. I'll send you out with some brochures after─"

"Are you insinuating that we give our child up for adoption?", Louis cuts in, raising his eyebrows demandingly. A gasp leaves my throat and I earnestly cover my stomach.

"No! No, no, Señor Tomlinson", Doctor Sanchez says, then he starts speaking in rapid-fire Spanish and Louis and I share a look of furrowed eyebrows. "I can tell you want to be parents now. I'm sure there's some newborn infants up that they would let you look into" We both blink in confusion. "Ellos. . . Boys. This baby isn't going to survive this. Harry probably won't unless we have this taken care of quickly"