sixteen // finale

[leave comments]

Chapter 16 // final part

____

It has been a little over three months since I last went outside.

I can't go outside, not that I'd want to. Since everything started, there has been more publicity than I could ever be prepared for.

I am month six out of the seven that I have to endure, and it is very easily to tell. Sometimes the baby will kick so hard that you can see her foot outlined in my stomach. Louis got a picture about eight days ago and you can count her toes. It's very eerie and scary.

Not only are we dealing with baby scares, we are dealing with society scares. Since the... video... released, it's been a chaos of paparazzi, people trying to interview us, and the hate. There's a lot of support and love too, it's just that the hate can get physical. One time-the last time I went outside-me and Louis were out at a restaurant. That was our approach, to act like nothing was wrong, like nothing had happened. We got jumped walking to the car. All the blows were delivered to our faces, so that was an immense relief. The three men who did it are currently in court, facing battery charges. Once it's announced that I'm pregnant, that'll add onto their cases.

I am not looking forward to telling the world, at all.

Our family and friends found out shortly after the video released. We told them. Couldn't chance it getting out like our other private property did. Need less to say, they didn't believe us. They thought we were just trying to lighten the mood, and they were not happy. We had to have them come to a doctor's appointment, which have been moved permanently to our home, to our bed-which I am nearly incapable to get out of at this point. But at that point the baby was only a small mound, like I'd eaten just a little too much.

"How are you?," Louis asks, returning from the bathroom with the wet rag he left to retrieve, along with all of my medicines and a cup of water.

"I'm okay," I say with a tight smile. He nods and bites his lower lip, handing me the rag. I take it from him and put it to my swollen face. The wounds from the attack are long gone, my face is stretched and puffed up from the side effects of some of my medicines. They are not meant to be used at such a high quantity for such an extended amount of time, but it's literally all that's keeping me and Kidney Bean alive.

"You know they're going to induce labor tomorrow, right? You're allowed to not be okay," he whispers, handing me the cup of water. I take it from him and he starts to open the first medicine bottle.

"Oh, I know," I mutter as he hands me two anti-depression pills. He sighs again and waits for me to down the medicine, handing me the iron vitamins next. "These taste bad," I chuckle, screwing up my face to make him laugh. His cheeks raise as he smiles, probably surprised at my light heartedness. There's no lying and saying that this hasn't taken it's toll on me. Doctor Mason and her team say that the sadness will pass, that it's just anxiety, and I really hope they're right.

I'm not so sure if they are, though.

No matter if Kidney Bean is out here or not, people are still going to hate us. And if they ever figure out who's Kidney Bean is... they would fear us. They would probably don us the anti-Christ. "What do you want for supper?," he asks as I chew the gummy vitamins.

"Freedom," I tell him, rolling my eyes as I stretch my legs a little. He lets out a groan at my answer, the one I have given him since I was put on bed rest two months ago. "How about chicken stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in parma ham with some homemade potatoes?," I ask and his eyes widen. I smile widely at him and my over large cheeks almost obscure my vision.