Chapter 1

It was a normal Wednesday afternoon in math. Jimin faintly heard Mr. Choi talking about someone in the front of the class, but he wasn't paying attention.

Jimin was usually a great student, but he couldn't help it. He was distracted.

On his math notebook were several scribbles and drawings:

♡Jimin x Seulgi ♡

Jimin ♡ Seulgi

A small cartoon drawing of Seulgi and Jimin holding hands.

♡♡Seulmin♡♡

♡♡Park Seulgi♡♡

Sure, it might seem a little second grade, but Jimin couldn't help it. He was naturally filled with a sort of child-like happiness and personality.

Plus he kinda liked Seulgi. As you could probably tell. She was pretty and smart, and laughed at Jimin's jokes.

He caught a few of the words that Mr. Choi was saying. "From Busan." "Yugyeom ssi." Jimin kept working on his sketches, not really paying attention until he saw a figure sit in the previously empty seat beside him.

He turned to see who the new boy - What had Mr. Choi said? - was. He opened his mouth to tell him that he was from Busan as well and--

Whoa.

Hello there.

Seulgi who now?

The new boy was dressed casually in a sweatshirt and loose sweatpants, a beanie covering his light brown hair, but even so, Jimin could tell he was hella attractive.

He had large, round eyes that seemed to hold a lot of emotion. His nose was sloped and strong, reminding Jimin of a Greek sculpture. The boy's lips looked soft and pretty, his small cupid bow defined. His dark eyebrows were perfectly rounded. There was a small cleft to his chin and Jimin saw the bottom of his cheeks puff cutely when he pursed his lips. Even the little bit of hair that Jimin could see looked soft and shiny. What the fuck? Why was this new guy so hot?

Only then did Jimin realize that the boy wasn't looking at him, but rather a few inches above his eyes. What the-- The other boy quickly shifted his gaze to meet Jimin's, and upon seeing those bright eyes watching him, Jimin couldn't remember what he was going to say.

He closed his mouth and gave a small smile before turning away, hoping he didn't seem cold. He didn't want Hot Guy to dislike him already.

Wait. Hot Guy? What were these thoughts? He liked Seulgi, right? Yeah. He liked Seulgi. His notebook was proof of that. Jimin was straight. It was normal to think other guys were hot, it didn't mean he liked them.

Right?

Jimin tried to keep working on his drawings, but with much less fervor than before. Why was he feeling this way when he was drooling over Seulgi just minutes ago?

Jimin looked up from his doodles to see the new boy smiling brightly at something Yugyeom had said. As he smiled, his eyes rounded into crescents and little wrinkles appeared around his eyes. His nose scrunched slightly and his lips parted to show cute bunny teeth peeking out.

Oh my god his smile is so adorable.

Jimin couldn't help but wish that he could be the one to cause that smile.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Jimin gave up on his drawings and went back to doing the math work he was supposed to be doing. Thoughts about cute boys could wait.

And Jimin was straight. Don't forget about that. He just thought the new boy was cute, that's all. And hot. What?

As Jimin worked on his calculus, he faintly heard Yugyeom offering the boy to sit with their group, to which the boy accepted. Ah, well. That meant Jimin couldn't sit with him.

It was okay. The boy would just be a classmate and Jimin could go back to admiring Seulgi.

All was well.

--

When the bell rang, Jimin got up and slung his backpack over his shoulder. As he began to exit the classroom, he felt a light touch on his arm.

He glanced up to see the new boy looking at him with wide eyes.

"H-hey," the boy said, his cheeks reddening slightly. His voice was pleasantly deep. Jimin liked it. He thought the boy looked adorable with his flushed cheeks. He appeared to be slightly scared, however, which was not what Jimin wanted at all.

"Yes?" he asked patiently, wanting to know what New Kid was going to say.

"Ahh, I'm sorry," he said, quickly pulling his hand away. Jimin's arm felt strangely cold without the soft hand there. "I just, I was wondering, what is your name?"

Jimin was a little surprised at the question. He didn't think New Kid had really noticed him much.

"Ahh-- I mean-- since we'll be sitting next to each other, I should probably know your name," he rushed. Jimin was a little disappointed. So he just wanted to know Jimin's name because they would be seatmates.

"I mean umm that sounded weird too I just was--"

"Park Jimin," he smiled, unable to resist the other boy's cuteness.

"Ah, yes," he stuttered cutely. "Well, er, I'm. Uh. Jeon Jungkook. Which you probably already know. Cause. Like. The teacher said it. But yeah." Jimin didn't know, because he wasn't paying attention. Whoops.

"Nice to meet you Jimin ssi," Jungkook squeaked before darting away to catch up with Yugyeom.

Nice to meet you too, Jungkookie, Jimin thought, watching him go with a warm feeling curling in his chest.

What was that feeling? He was definitely straight, so that must be a sign that there would be a strong brotherly love between the two of them.

Jimin headed out to his friends, confused.