Chapter 7

One day during math, Jimin, Jungkook, and Yugyeom were fanboying over Bigbang and their latest song. 

"It's so amazing," Jungkook sighed, a dreamy look in his eyes. "I love GD. I wish I could be GD. I wish I could marry GD. Why am I some plain kid in Seoul?" 

Don't marry GDragon, marry me! Jimin thought, a little childishly.

"Ha," Jimin said, "you're not plain, Kookie. You're talented and smart and funny and--" hot and sexy and adorable and perfect and I have a big fat crush on you and-- 

Jimin cleared his throat. "And yeah," he said, nervously running his fingers through his hair. He would never say those things out loud.

"And yeah," Jungkook quoted sarcastically. "Mmm I can feel my charm bringing all the boys to the yard."

Jimin opened his mouth to tell him that he did, in fact, have lots of charm, but then the bell rang and they turned to the front. Jimin knew that if they weren't quiet by the time the bell rang, Mr. Choi would give them all hell.

Next to Mr. Choi stood a very tall and handsome boy with slanted eyes, dark eyebrows, and a sloped nose. His black hair was parted slightly to one side and he gave a small smile, revealing bright white teeth.

Next to him, Jungkook gasped, his eyes wide. Jimin looked at him quizzically. Did he know the handsome new kid from somewhere?

Mr. Choi cleared his throat before addressing the class. "Class, this is Kim Mingyu. His family moved from Busan. Please treat him nicely."

Kim Mingyu? As in Mingyu? As in Jungkook's Mingyu?

Oh god, and he was handsome too. And tall. No wonder Jungkook liked him. And now he was back. Jimin's heart sank.

"Mingyu ssi, you can sit next to Minghao ssi and Joshua ssi," Mr. Choi said.

That was the seat right in front of Jungkook. 

Jimin gulped. What would happen if the two of them got to know each other again? Would they end up dating? Jimin felt something nasty curl in his stomach at that thought.

When Mingyu got to his seat, he turned around to smile brightly at Jungkook. The smile was blinding. Jimin did not feel good about that at all.

Jimin leaned over and whispered, "Your Mingyu?" He had to make sure before jumping to any conclusions. He held his breath.

Jungkook nodded.

Dammit.

Jimin settled back into his seat, a sinking feeling taking over his body, but he tried to keep his emotions in check.

--

When work time arrived and the students were allowed to talk, Mingyu turned around to face Jungkook again. Jungkook smiled happily at him, and Jimin felt upset. He should be the one to make Jungkook that happy.

"So, Mr. Wristband," he said teasingly, "where have you been?" Mr. Wristband. They already had nicknames for each other.

Mingyu laughed and joked, "Well, I've been in Busan... I'm just kidding. Well, not really. My father moved here to work for Pledis, that new entertainment group." Jungkook and Jimin's eyes widened. Damn, his dad works for an idol group? What the fuck?

"Really? An idol company? Mingyu, that's amazing!"

Mingyu nodded, his eyes twinkling. "I know, I'm so proud of him. He's worked hard." Jungkook agreed.

"Well, we can catch up more later, since we should probably do math now," Jungkook said apologetically. "My phone number is still the same as before."

Mingyu nodded excitedly. "Of course, we should totally catch up. I still have your contact as 'Delicious Kookie.'" He waggled his eyebrows jokingly at that. Jimin was pretty sure he saw Jungkook blush at that. Jimin was furious. 

Delicious Kookie? he thought. That is definitely flirty. Who is this kid?

Jungkook glanced down at his math before he noticing Jimin looking at him weirdly. 

"What?" he asked, looking confused. He unconsciously lifted a hand to his face as if there was something on it. Only your insufferable hotness, Jimin thought.

Jimin bit his lip in thought, and he could've sworn he saw Jungkook glance down for a split second. 

He chose his words carefully. Should he ask about Jungkook's relationship with Mingyu or no? He didn't want to sound accusing. He just wanted to be supportive. 

He glanced over to see if Mingyu was listening. He was not. He was engaged in a very energetic conversation with Minghao and Joshua, who were sitting on either side of him. Jimin felt a little happier seeing that he was making other friends.

"Hummm," Jimin said, still playing with the words in his mind. "So, Mingyu's back," he started lamely. 

Jungkook just smiled at him. Jimin was relieved that he could have that smile directed at him. "Well yeah, he's right there," Jungkook joked, motioning in the other boy's direction.

Jimin flushed slightly and reached up to brush his hair back with his hand. "Haha yeah, so uh..." he stuttered before deciding fuck it and pushing onwards. 

"Are you going to ask Mingyu out?" he blurted. A look of surprise appeared on Jungkook's face, so at least that meant he wasn't thinking about it before.

"Uhm, what do you mean?" he asked, blinking in confusion. 

"Well, er," Jimin fidgeted nervously. "Since you said you liked him and he probably liked you, and you said if you had stayed you probably would have ended up together..." Jimin trailed off and looked down, blushing harder. God, he was so awkward. He wished he could eat his words.

Jungkook just smiled at Jimin, seemingly uneffected. "Yeah, but that was almost a year ago," he said. "I got over him, although I'm sure we'll be amazing friends. He really is an amazing guy." 

Jimin breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing those words. Jungkook didn't like Mingyu anymore, at least not like that. Thank God.

"I mean," Jungkook added, mostly to himself, "I guess I could like him again if we got to know each other well enough. Maybe after enough time, if he asked me out, I'd say yes. Just not now. For now, we'll be friends."

For now? For now? Shit. If Jimin didn't act fast and stop being a baby, Mingyu could snatch Jungkook up and Jimin would be heartbroken. No fucking way. 

All he had to do is get over his all-consuming embarrassment of being basically in love with Jungkook and just tell the guy.

Easy, right? Ha.

Jimin just blinked at Jungkook and turned back to his math. Some other day, maybe.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jimin saw Jungkook tapping Mingyu on the shoulder. What was he doing? 

"Hey Mingyu," Jimin heard Jungkook say. "Do you want to sit with us? We have a huge group but I'm sure one more person would be alright. And I don't want you to be alone." No, he can't join! Because if he does then you two will get close again and he will steal you away.

"Thanks for the offer, but Josh and Minghao already offered me to join their group. And it's probably even bigger," Mingyu replied. Jimin felt relief wash over him. 

As Jimin continued to work on his math (which was completely devoid of any Seulmin sketches), he thought about whether or not he should ask Jungkook out. 

Did he even like him back? Sure, he was nice to him and did certain things for him that he wouldn't do for their other friends, but it could just be because he was better friends with Jimin than some of the others.

Friends.

Or not?