Chapter 10 (End)

A week had passed since Jungkook started ignoring Jimin. 

Jimin had finally built up the courage and practiced to himself a million times in the mirror to confront the other boy. He had gone through all sorts of different rejection scenarios and how he would respond.

As he approached the table where Jungkook was sitting (he finally found out a few days before), he heard the beautiful laugh he missed so much and Jimin remembered why he was doing this.

Because he was desperately in love. 

Jimin schooled his face into a stern expression and tapped Jungkook on the shoulder. He turned around with wide eyes and a surprised "Oh shit" expression.

When Jimin saw that face he had missed so much, he was temporarily distracted by its beauty. Damn. How he missed seeing that gorgeous face.

Suddenly, Jimin remembered what he was there for and motioned for Jungkook to follow him. When he didn't, Jimin grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the cafeteria. He saw a few of Jungkook's friends casting him sympathetic glances.

Jimin needed answers, and he needed them now.

He led them to an empty classroom and closed the door, subtly locking it so that Jungkook couldn't escape. He wouldn't let the younger boy leave until this was resolved.

The two of them had a mini staring contest. Although Jungkook had released most of his makeover from That Fateful Day, he still wore eyeliner on occasions, like he was today.

Jimin could get lost in those goddamn alluring eyes forever.

Finally, Jimin broke the silence. "So," he said, trying to keep his voice steady and quiet. "I don't think that Mingyu's friends are the Chem classroom."

Jungkook visibly gulped and looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

"So tell me, Jungkookie," Jimin continued, his voice low. "Why have you been avoiding me? Do you hate me? What did I do?"

Jungkook stared at Jimin with an incredulous look on his face. The he sighed. "Jimin..." 

He appeared to be debating something in his head before he seemed to decide fuck it and pushed on.

"I don't hate you. I could never hate you. You are one of the most important people in the world to me, and nothing could change that. When I first saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful person I had ever seen. And you proved that to be true, inside and out. You are kind, smart, funny, caring, talented, gorgeous, and overall perfect. And goddammit Park Jimin, I'm in love with you."

Jimin was shocked. Out of all the scenarios he practiced in the bathroom mirror, this one did not come up. Jungkook loved him? Jungkook returned his feelings??

"Jungkook, I--" Jimin started, but Jungkook shook his head and silenced him.

"Jimin, I know that you don't like guys and that you don't like me. I mean, why would you, right? All I've done is mess up your life. You deserve someone like Seulgi, who is nice and beautiful and who you like. I saw you guys kissing, so it's okay. I know you don't like me, and you might actually hate me, because what am I worth, right? I didn't talk to you for the last week, so I pretty much treated you like shit when you didn't do anything wrong. You don't deserve to deal with someone like me."

Jimin's heart plummeted. Seulgi. The kiss. Jungkook saw it. That explained everything. He must've heard Jimin say that he liked her, and then the kiss.

Jimin felt a little sick. How could Jungkook say such horrible things about himself? Especially when none of them were true at all. Jungkook wasn't shit. He was perfect.

Jimin couldn't even comprehend why someone like Jungkook could even begin to hate himself. 

"So if you want, I can just leave and join Mingyu's group, even though it doesn't have you it's probably better for you anyway. I just ruin everything. So now you know why I've been avoiding you, so you can go back to hating me." 

Um, no you aren't fucking joining Mingyu's group. Not when I finally got you now. And hating you? Jimin thought incredulously. Impossible. I literally love you. Now let me tell you that, dammit!

After his speech was done, Jungkook practically sprinted to the door, his face bright red. He tried the door, but it wouldn't open. He kept wiggling it.

Jimin casually walked up to him. Thank god I thought to lock the door or else my Prince Charming would have run away yet again. Wait, isn't Cinderella the one who runs away?

Jimin grabbed Jungkook's shoulders and turned him around. He leaned up until they were nose to nose.

"You idiot," he breathed, before grabbing Jungkook's face and kissing him.

Jimin's whole world exploded as soon as Jungkook's lips came in contact with his own. They felt like heaven. He had been waiting for this moment forever.

Jimin pulled Jungkook down a little more and pushed him against the door to deepen the kiss, their lips hot against each other. Jimin couldn't think of anything in the whole entire world that felt better than this. 

The way Jungkook's soft, moist lips fit perfectly with his own was like it was meant to be. Jimin wanted to be able to kiss Jungkook forever.

After a few moments, Jungkook gently pulled back, gasping lightly for air. Jimin thought he looked so pretty like that, his lips redder than normal and ever so slightly swollen. He felt proud that he was the one to cause that.

"What was that," he whispered, his eyes wide. He definitely looked like he enjoyed it, but that he was afraid of something.

Jimin lightly took ahold of his wrist and led him to sit down at the desks. "Jungkookie," he said gently, "I'm in love with you too. How could you say those things about yourself? You are smart," he planted a kiss on his forehead, "you are kind," he kissed his nose, "you are sweet," he pecked his cheek, "you are beautiful," he pecked his other cheek, "and you'd better be mine." Unable to resist, he captured his lips. "Mm, I always was jealous of Brownie. He got to make out with you."

Jungkook still looked shocked. "I-- I dont understand. What about Seulgi?"

"I was trying to tell her that I liked her, but just as a friend. That I had my sights set on someone else. But she didn't let me finish and assumed that I liked her back, so she kissed me. I told her afterwards, though."

"Why did you say that you liked her at Yugyeom's sleepover then?"

"Oh, well..." Jimin felt embarrassed. "I kinda panicked. I couldn't say no one, because nobody ever believes that shit. And I couldn't very well say it was you."

Jungkook stared at Jimin in love-filled wonder. Suddenly, Jimin had a thought.

"Kookie," he said slowly. "What about you and Mingyu?" You're not dating him, are you?

Jungkook looked confused for a second, then appeared to understand. "Don't worry, I told him I liked someone else. Plus, I see some nice character development between him and Minghao, if you know what I mean."

Jimin grinned. Good. He wouldn't have to be jealous of the two of them, since they were just friends. In the back of his mind, Jimin felt a little guilty for thinking so poorly of Mingyu.

"I'm glad he's getting along well here," he said, leaning in close to Jungkook. "At first I was afraid he was going to steal my Jungkookie away."

"Never," Jungkook breathed, his eyes fixated on Jimins, and they were kissing again. Jimin felt like he was flying and would never land.

"So," Jimin said, smiling so hard his cheeks hurt. "Does this mean you will be my boyfriend?"

Jungkook grinned his breathtaking grin that had Jimin swooning. "Of course," he said, entwining their hands together.

THE END