Chapter 13

Dylan O'Brien

I rest my hand on Riley's bare thigh as we cruise through the edge of Hollywood.  Our time at the beach was unforgettable.  She smiles at me and places her hand over mine.

"Did you have fun?" I ask and she nods as a beautiful smile crosses her face.  I take my hand away from hers as I reach a stoplight and my phone vibrates in my pocket.

"Who is it?" she asks.

"Daniel.." I mutter and look at the message.

*Hey Dylan.  I was told to remind you that the MTV movie awards are in 2 weeks.  I was told to let you know, to plan ahead.  See you tomorrow.*

"Oh, the movie awards are coming up fast.  Be my date?" I ask, but I already know what she will say.

"Of course, babe," she grins, "I never thought I would actually be going to the awards.  It's kind of crazy..."  The light turns green again and I stuff my phone back into my pocket.  Riley reaches over to squeeze my hand when her phone buzzes.  She pinches the bridge of her nose when she looks at the screen.  She bites her lip and looks down.

"Is it..." I begin and she nods.  I am so focused on what that prick Sam could be saying to my Riley that I don't notice the truck that collides with my car.  The last thing I see before everything goes black is the look of terror in Riley's ocean-blue eyes.

Sorry for a reeeeeally short chapter! I bet you guys hate me for the cliffhanger!  But don't worry, I am gonna update very soon.  Love you guys!

♥VOTE♥COMMENT♥FOLLOW♥

-Liesl