Sacrifice.

Oswald's POV

I've looked practically everywhere for Martin. Everywhere except... the alleyways near that stupid clown show Ed runs. I'd rather not face him at all right now; Sofia's a bigger issue than he is. But I have to go in the area, for the kid. I have to get Martin as soon as possible.

Each alley, I check one by one, often calling his name.

Where are you?

Suddenly I hear the rustling of boxes in the distance. My heart beat speeds up with hope as I near the sound. I turn right into the nearest alley- and he's there, face looking happily down into a box of weapons, holding stars and knives, it appears.

I take a quick, relieved breath and open my mouth to call his name... but a dreadful sight takes my eyes off of Martin. There's a man dressed in all black with a gun in his hand nearing Martin- and he does not look happy.

Before I can run close to them, the man is pulling the trigger aimed at Martin, murmuring words along the lines of "thieft" and "no turning back."

The bullet misses.

And I doubt the next one will.

I grab the knife in my cane and run as quickly as possible between Martin and the man. The next bullet is lodged in my shoulder, but I can't stop the next one from going through the flesh in Martin's thigh....

Anger rises in me. With no hesitation, I fight through the flaming pain of my arm, moving towards the guy- and before he can shoot again, I slice his cheek with my blade. He screams out and drops the gun as I stab him in the chest with focused force. He drops to his knees and falls forward.

Behind me, I hear Martin hyperventilating. I turn and run to him, now on the ground, leaning against a brick wall.

"No, Martin I- I'm so sorry this- take deep breaths, try to- try to calm down, I'm gonna get you help, okay?" He nods quickly and attempts to wipe the tears streaming down his face.

While recieving information about Cherry's Place, Mr. Penn told me that Leslie Thompkins is now working here. She's Jim's ex, she's a doctor. I must find her.

I rush into the street and onto the sidewalk where an old woman sits. I swiftly grab her by the collar and yell out, "Which of these buildings is Cherry's place, where can I find Dr. Thompkins?!"