Finally.

*OKAY DUDES IMSJSKD IM SO FUCKIN 

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN 23974 YEARS 

BUT THIS WILL BE THE CONCLUSION I HOPE YOU ENJOY*

Ed's POV

This sensation is something I've never experienced before. It's so different, yet somehow I know that this is the best taste of any action I've gotten with my previous relationships. Before, it was the accomplishment of winning the maiden that really satisfied me.
Here, we're choosing to see each other as equals.

I am his, and he is mine.

I pull him even closer, snaking my arm behind him and down to his lower back. I can feel him shift in surprise, but it's no matter. We can leave the next step for another night. For now, I just want this man in my arms. 

---

My eyes flutter open to find morning light shining through the windows.
We fell asleep on the couch? How uncomfortable. Wait, where is Oswald?

My heart starts to beat faster in an instinctual rush of anxiety. I whip my head over towards the direction of the kitchen, and I'm relieved to find Oswald there, hair messy and his mouth positioned in a cute little grin.

"Good morning, Ed," he says, "Yes, I'm still here- Didn't mean to give you a small heart attack."

I must have worry written all over my face. But that washes away, and I let out a happy sigh. "Good morning, Mr. Penguin," I reply teasingly. My demeanor then changes- "Oh dear. You probably have body cramps from Hell from falling asleep on the couch, are you okay?"

"Well, actually," he starts with a hesitant smile, "I decided to sleep in the comfort of an actual bed-- Not that you aren't a great pillow! I just thought it'd be better, and I was gonna invite you, but you looked so innocent in your sleep, I couldn't work up the guts to wake you."

"I appreciate the thought," I say genuinely. "Have you checked on that kid's situation?"

"Yeah, yeah. My men have got it covered for now, he's safe. I was... thinking about letting him stay here with me. Or at least getting him a proper sanctuary, you know? Martin... Martin is special to me."

I've always hated children. But... somehow this is different. The way Oswald talks about him; I feel the urge to support them both. However, that probably isn't my place.

"Ed," Oswald whispers. I look up and out of my daze to find him close to me. I observe his outfit, different from yesterday's, though maybe he hasn't had enough time to redo his hair and eyeliner. He's perfect.
"Ed... I want you to- I want to offer.... Would you like to live here again? With me?" My eyes grow wide. "I don't know how Martin will come into play here, really, but I'd love for y-"

"Yeah, yes. Yes, I would be happy to live with you again!" I reply eagerly. "As good of a friend as Lee is.... Well, I'm sure she'll understand, to say the least. The Narrows will lose their best performer...."

Oswald gives me a stiff expression, then laughs. "I can tell you that I was not a big fan of that trainwreck you were running. Point is, they'll survive without you're tales of mockery."

My ears feel a bit hot. "I know they will. Even if they didn't survive, I'd be willing to exchange there lives for time with you any day." We smile. I'm hungry, though. I walk towards the kitchen. "You have food? I'll cook something up for us."

I get stopped in my tracks by a force pulling me back; a weight around my waist. His arms. The fragile arms of my beloved.

"It's still a bit early," he voices. "Come to bed with me, let's sleep by each other while we can."

"We have all the time in the world, darling," I purr. "But if that's what you want.... Just an hour or two, then we'll have breakfast just like we did before." I spin to face him and plant a quick kiss on his forehead. 

Holding his hand, we walk out of the room. 

Who knows what's to come? All I really care about is my future with Oswald, and I will die before letting anything come in between us again. There may be changes along the way, and maybe I'll even grow fond of a kid... but I will never stray from Oswald's trust again.

Taking in the scent that can only be described as Oswald's, we go into our little world of slumber. Me and my little Penguin.