Soul Mates: Lost

SOUL MATES: LOST
warning: angst and character death

They had lost.

Lost against Asura.

Madness was spreading throughout the world.

Even Dr. Stein was consumed by the madness.

They had no escape.

No solution.

It was over.

Soul held his meister tightly in his arms and panted as his breaths became ragged.

Defeating Asura was no joke.

He couldn't do anything to prevent her from dying.

He couldn't do anything to prevent Asura from hitting Maka with his powerful blow.

He was crying.

Crying was uncool, but he didn't care about that.

He just lost someone he loves.

He looked at the love letter he wrote for her, and crumpled it with his bloodied fist.

He was supposed to give it to her after defeating Asura, and after the whole world was okay.

But it will not happen, seeing the state she's in.

He screamed in agony, letting out his pain by screaming.

He refused to believe this.

"Maka! Maka! Wake up! Don't leave me!" He shouted, shaking her, hoping she'll wake up, and scold him for disturbing her sleep.

But she stayed motionless and his heart ached.

She didn't even hear him say "I love you" back...

"I still have some things to say to you! Please wake up!" He shook her.

He wouldn't give up. No, never in a million years.

"Maka..." He muttered, his white locks covering his shadowed eyes. "I'm sorry for not protecting you. I'm useless. I'm sorry. Your death was my fault..."

"It wasn't your fault, Soul. You know that...please, move on without me. Find a better technician, or find a new person you can love..."

He heard her voice.

Her voice. Her angelic voice.

"I will be always by your side, Soul..Please remember that I love you...okay?"

"I love you, too...Maka." he responded with a sob escaping his lips.