Soul Mates: Let Her Go

SOUL MATES: LET HER GO
[ only know you love her when you let her go ]

          Soul Eater Evans let her go.

          Why?

          Because she loved another man, and he couldn't simply do anything about it.

          No matter how hard he tried to woo her, he couldn't replace the man she loves.

          His mind told him once, "Soul, it's time to let go! She loves another man, and that man is not you! Move on; there are a lot of fish in the sea."

          But his heart interjected, "You can't just simply let go, Soul! If you really love her, then fight for her! Don't give up no matter what! If you let her go, she might be gone...forever!"

          He was stuck in between "if you love her, let her go" and "if you love her, don't let her go."

          Sometimes, people say "Follow your heart." and some people did. But he wasn't just any ordinary person.

          He didn't choose his heart.

          He chose his mind.

          He chose to let go.

          And no one can stop him.

          But letting go was hard; extremely hard. How can he forget her so easily when she invades his mind every second?

          Soul Eater Evans was head over heels about Maka Albarn.

          And he just couldn't forget her no matter what.

          Even though he just watched her in the shadows while she held her boyfriend's hand happily in the light, he was happy for her. Her happiness was the most important thing to him and if he couldn't give it to her, then there was no need for him to force himself.

          "...If she's happy, then I'm happy..." were his last words as he watched her in the altar, saying "I do." to the priest, and watching her soon-to-be husband with envy. A bitter-sad smile curved on his lips as he turned his heels away from the sight before him and faced the door.

          He placed his hands on his pockets as he heaved a sad sigh. Tears were threatening to spill, but he held them back. No. He won't cry. He's a man, and crying is for the weak. He had to endure it.

          "...Soul-kun..." Tsubaki muttered sadly as he watched the ivory-haired man walk away from the church.

EDITED