V

Whose hand is that?

My eyes fluttered open. It was a nice sleep for a person whose life is in danger. I roamed my hands to where I was sleeping. I jolted after my hand felt a cold arm.

"Good thing you woke up. I'm feeling stiff the whole time so as the little me under you." His deep voice made my eyes darted to his face. He's awake. Don't tell me he was awake all the time? When I realized our current position I couldn't help but to be flustered by the thought.

"Did you sleep?" I asked as I got up from him and sat beside him.

"I only stared at you the whole time." My ears heated up as I tried to think how to change the topic, a hand was placed on my arm and his face was leaning closer at me.

"But I don't mind. You kept me warm the whole time." My eyebrows furrowed and the thought made me scrunched up my eyebrows.

"So you feel cold too?" He nodded and sat up.

"Absolutely."

I should make a new formula for his body temperature. Maybe something was missing inside the equations I made for his formula. But how could I do it without the ingredients?

I need to buy those things on the market and it's the enemy's possible chance to slaughter me.

"Chanyeol, by any chance do you know another way to go the market?" He looked at me and I gulped when his eyes fell on my lips.

"There is none. But I know a way how to hide yourself"

This is ridiculous. I never thought I would wear such thing. It was inappropriate.

"You look beautiful." I was startled and quickly faced him. He was leaning on the doorframe and kept his stare at me. I felt like being undress and it was getting uncomfortable with this knee level dress.

"Why didn't you knock? You're molesting me!" I grabbed a perfume from the vanity table and threw at him. I closed my eyes waiting for the glass-shattering sound but as I opened my eyes, he was already standing close to me while holding the perfume in his hand.

"It's my house. Don't you think you're being rude?" I pouted and pushed him slightly away from me.

"Thank you then." Note the sarcasm in my voice and he only smirked. I fixed the artificial hair he gave me and brushed the long sleeves. He had this lewd look in his eyes and it took me a lot of self-control not to slap his face off.

I turned my heels outside my room and rolled my eyes at him. I was in the stairs when a hand tangled my arm on his, looking like a behave couple in their morning walk.

"What are you doing?" I stopped before we even exited the front door. I threw a look at my arm that was locked with him and glanced back at him.

"You're my spouse for the day, Baekhee."

The cold air of autumn, the loud chattering of traders' running back and forth to sell their goods, and last but not the least the man that is taller than me was getting on my nerves. He was teasing me the whole time as we arrived in the market with that sly smile of his.

"What do you need to buy first?" I heard him asked while my eyes were busy looking at the shops and stalls we passed by. If only I wasn't in debt to this person who is currently letting me stay and hide in his house, I swear I should've planned something to prevent those hunters from hunting me day and night.

Good thing I'm wearing long sleeves and he has a coat or else his cold skin might bothered me since earlier and that's the reason I'm here.

"I need to rosehips, lemon grass, and basil and onion beets. Do you know a shop that is selling those?" I asked. I looked at him but I couldn't see his face clearly with the sunlight coming from his back. However, his glistening eyes was an exception. They look so precious.

"I know one nearby." He said and let him dragged me completely. The people around was starting to give us some stares and I lowered my head. Then, a sudden realization hit me.

"Wait Chanyeol. What if they recognize you? It'll be a big trouble." I whispered. He turned to face me and he flashed a smile.

"Don't worry about me, Baekhee. I barely go outside since I was a child. What you're saying is impossible. Stop worrying my mademoiselle." I should get mad at him for calling me a girl yet the sudden kiss on my forehead has left my heart unstable and my feet stoned.

This is not what I planned since I finished the formula.

The shop that Chanyeol was talking is incredible. It has all the kinds of herbs that I needed in every formula that I have in mind. He said that he barely go outside but how did he know about this shop?

"I'll wait you outside. Take your time." He whispered and stared at me before he went to the said place. I only nodded even if he was gone already. Since what happened earlier, my mind has started floating and my mouth felt stiff finding it hard to speak.

It took me a half an hour to grab all of the herbs and spices I needed. I went to the counter where a man that has the same height as mine smiled at me then looked at what I took.

I was looking at the paintings of different plants at his back when I heard him spoke.

"You're lucky with your husband don't you know that?" My eyes widened at what he said. I was about to shake my head when I remembered that we are acting as a couple. I cleared my throat and smiled forcefully.

"Why did you say so?" I asked and looked at him as he placed them all in a paper bag.

"He's waiting patiently at the exit with a smile. We always have a couple customers going in and out here with their partners and husbands ranting on how and why are they're here. Yet he's there glancing at you time to time.

I was speechless. I didn't doubt him though. Knowing how that peculiar man's eyes looked at me, it should be true.

"How much is it?" I asked and patted my pockets. I silently gasped when I felt no pockets. I was wearing a dress! For pete's sake. I forgot I don't have the money.

"Fifty-one dollars for all of it." I only looked at the squishy boy's eyes and I squinted my eyes after seeing him looking something or might be someone behind me.

"Here. Keep the change." That low and deep voice. My heart started beating fast as I felt him pressed his chest on my back. The man over the counter nodded and smile. He pushed the paper bag in front of me as I was about to grab it but Chanyeol got it first.

"By the way, I'm Kyungsoo. Kim Kyungsoo." He offered his hand with a smile and I nodded and shook his hand.

"I'm By-"

"He's Park Baekhee and I'm Park Chanyeol. We're newlyweds actually." My jaw dropped and I shivered as he grabbed my hand standing beside me.

Kyungsoo peeked at our hands and his eyebrows furrowed.

"But where's your rings?"

I arched a brow when I saw Chanyeol leaning against Kyungsoo's ear.

"We ran away and we can't manage to be seen married. Keep it a secret bro." Chanyeol smiled and winked at him.

"Don't worry I will."

It was too silent while we walked back to his mansion. Even if everything's just an act, I couldn't stop myself from getting affected from the idea. It was a flattering statement and the warmth on my never left for I don't know how long it was already.

I was stopped when Chanyeol stopped in his tracks.

"Baekhyun." I looked at him and followed where his eyes were looking at.

The hunters were observing the mansion from the gate and they're only a few meters from us. What if they recognize us and kill us? Then all of our efforts so as our families' will be put in waste.

My eyes caught a glimpse of a man turning to our direction until Chanyeol spun me around and leaned in for a kiss. It was a soft and slow one. Like a real loving couples do. My mind was going crazy while I gripped on his biceps for support.

My eyes were closed for the whole time and when I opened it, I saw him looking at me. Eyes full of passion and adore. His eyes darted to our side and finally he broke the kiss. I was left staring at him and gulped as my lips fell on his'.

"They're gone for now Baekhyun-ah."