Wonwoo (Seventeen, pt. 2)

The clack of heels filled the room as the detective circled the table Wonwoo was handcuffed to. She looked at him in disgust as her partner stared the male down.
"How could you have done such a thing?"
"Because she deserved it."
"And what makes you believe that?"
"She kept killing our children."
"And you believe that without a shadow of a doubt?"
"Of course. I saw it with my own eyes!" Wonwoo became defensive as the investigating officer questioned his motives. The lady scoffed, leaning over the table
"So I'm guessing you didn't know about her family's inability to bear children efficiently?" She asked, pulling his files over and looking through them.
Wonwoo paused and looked up, for a moment.
"What?!"
"Oh yeah.. Her family has a history of miscarriages, didnt they?" The male detective chimed in. "She, herself, was her mothers seventh attempt at having a child. She couldn't help the fact that she couldn't bear a child. It was in her blood line." He explained.
Confusion plagued Wonwoo's mind. This couldnt be true. She wouldve told him something like this. Or she wouldnt.. she couldnt. Not with how he treated her and beat her. Oh, the way he'd beat her.
Wonwoo looked down, thinking. He was coming to terms with the extent of what he did.
"Oh my god...what have I done?" Wonwoo murmured.

"What you did...was murder your wife in cold blood." The male detective got up and headed for the door, the woman following shortly behind him.
"Another officer will be arriving to take you back to your cell. Your trial has been set in December. Maybe in the meantime, you can think deeply about what you've done. Maybe if you listened to her, she would've told you." She left with that, the male detective shaking his head.

Later, Wonwoo was sentenced to 15 years in prison with an opportunity for parole after 12 years.
During that time, he was plagued by her bruised and battered face he'd see on those nights the alcohol got the best of him. Sleep was relatively out of the picture.
Quite frankly, he began to lose his mind. Reality and dreamscape, or more so, nightmarescape were becoming one. And he knew he deserved every bit.

"So you killed your wife, dumbass." He heard before his face was shoved into his metal tray of food, his long black hair held tightly in someone's large hand. He groaned, trying to get up.  He had been in there for about six months before everyone found out about his charge. And no one was too delighted to hear such a thing.
After his hair was released, he turned to see several men have surrounded him. The mess hall? Empty.

"You know what they say about women abusers in jail?" One of the other guys, this one bald with a split eyebrow grabbed his shirt. "They're bitches."
"Let us know. Are you a bitch, Won?" Another piped up.
Before Wonwoo could speak, he was being beaten to a pulp.
"Whatever you say don't matter. You're our bitch now." The head guy of the group spoke up, taking a seat.
"No please.." Wonwoo chipped, unable to speak very loud due to the punches and kicks he was enduring.

The last thing he heard?

"Break him."