100 Reasons Your Work Isn't Getting Stars

1) Their browser is wonky and won't let them star on your chapter.

2) They forgot to.

3) They did star, but the browser glitches out.

4) They meant to, but a sudden emergency got in the way.

5) The reader is a bot trolling for personal info and has no interest in staring.

6) They only clicked on your book by accident and immediately closed it out.

7) They thought your story was something else.

8) They don't want to sign in to Wattpad.

9) They thought giving someone 1 star is a low rating, but couldn't find the 5 star button.

10) They thought the star button was like a downvote.

11) They thought giving you a star would be interpreted as sarcastic.

12) They are another author, and want their book to outcompete yours by deliberately not staring.

13) They think there are only so many stars available on their account so they use them sparingly.

14) They assume other people will star your work so they don't have to.

15) They find stars offensive.

16) They find clicking offensive.

17) They find specifically clicking stars offensive.

18) They broke their clicking finger and found themselves incapable of clicking a star.

19) A star murdered their brother, and they didn't want to "let the star win" by clicking on it.

20) They once dated a star who broke their heart, and thus they swore to never let another star tempt them.

21) They have a specific visual impairment that keeps them from seeing stars.

22) They were repeatedly struck in the head while reading, and thus thought the stars were imaginary.

23) They are pessimists who decided life is meaningless, and thus see no advantage in staring.

24) They believe they are in the matrix, and by staring they reveal their location to their robot overlords.

25) They believe if they click on the stars, they let the terrorists win.

26) They don't want to vote for a star, since they're pro-triangle.

27) They think the star system is run by the illuminati.

28) It's a conspiracy of the illuminati deliberately to not star your work.

29) ...as pushed forward by the lizard people.

30) They think voting on the stars will cause them to lose their souls.

31) They live in a country that's not allowed to vote and fear repercussions.

32) They have blurred vision and see two of everything and clicked on the wrong star.

33) They hate your work.

34) They hate you as a person.

35) You once slighted them, and this is their vengeance.

36) You once slighted them in a previous life, and this is their vengeance.

37) You once slighted them in an alternative timeline, and this is their vengeance.

38) Your work has in some way offended them on a fundamental level.

39) They're assholes.

40) They're teenagers (Read 39)