Chapter - 1

"He has eloped, Louis. He ran away." Zayn said. Louis shook his head, no. It was impossible. Hardy loved him. He could not elope. Louis looked at Zayn and then at his father, Dan. His grandfather, Leon Tomlinson sat on the plush chair. Liam, his best friend looked at him with worry written on his face.
"The wedding starts in some hours. We need to do something. We have to make an announcement and call it off." Jay, his mother muttered. The air in the room felt thick with tension. Lottie and his other sisters sat on the sofa, looking as much lost as his whole family.
"We cannot call the wedding off. All guests are here and our clients and colleagues are here too. This is about our reputation, Jay. We can't tell them that the groom ran away." Dan yelled, already losing his calm.
Louis looked at his grandfather, who looked calm and composed on his leather chair. "What do I do, grandpa?" Louis asked.
All turned to look at the old man, who looked deep in thought. Zayn sat down beside Louis, holding his hands and Liam rubbed his shoulders soothingly.
Leon looked at Dan and then at Louis. His deep inhale was heard in the quiet room. "Who told you that Hardy has run away?" Leon asked.
"His family is here, grandpa. They are waiting outside. They are so ashamed about this that they are willing to do anything we want them to do." Liam informed Leon.
All turned to look at Louis, whose eyes were on the hardwood floor. His hands were clasped tightly, resting on his knees. Leon sighed, "Call them in, Liam. I need to talk to them."
Liam sprang up from the sofa and almost ran out to inform them.
Louis did not look up when the footsteps came in. He did not look up when someone stood in front of him, Louis could feel their eyes on him. A pair of pigeon-toed boots came to his view, he knew that person. When he looked up, a pair of green eyes greeted him with a timid smile.
Louis smiled, despite himself. Harry. Hardy's younger brother. Louis' lips stretched into a smile while looking at him. Louis always liked Hardy's younger brother. He was quite fond of that dimpled boy. His curls were always flopping as Harry moved and Louis always combed his fingers through it on their Saturday family cinema times. Harry used to sit in front of Louis and let him play with his curls. When Louis would stay with Hardy the night, Harry would always bring Louis a glass of milk before going to sleep. He knew that Louis could not sleep without it. How did he know it when Hardy did not, Louis would never know. Louis wanted a brother like Harry. He was that caring.
Louis patted the seat beside him where Liam was sitting. Harry sat down, biting his lips, "I am sorry, Louis," he whispered, regret colouring his voice. Louis looked at those green eyes, they looked sad. Louis could understand. Harry was way more mature than his age of only nineteen summers.
"It is not your fault, Hazza. You did not know about this, did you?" Louis asked softly, taking Harry's hand in his. Harry shook his head, "last night when I went in his room, he was packing a bag, Louis. I asked about it. He told me, it was..." a blush adored Harry's puffy cheeks. Louis raised his brows in question.
Harry looked down at their tangled hands, "he said that it was his package for the first night...um... you know," his cheeks were tinted red.
Louis wanted to coo at him. He poked the place where he knew Harry's dimple rested. "Aww, Hazza. Does it bother you? Thinking about sex?" Louis watched with amusement as Harry squirmed in front of his playful eyes. Louis loved making Harry flustered. It was endearing to watch that lad fidget and Louis did it more often than he would like to admit.
"Shut up, Lou," Harry whispered, with a playful pinch on Louis' wrist. Louis laughed, pulling Harry closer. His hands dancing around Harry's waist. Harry tried to push away with a grin. He was so ticklish. Louis did it again.
They both were unaware of the fact that Leon was looking at them with a thoughtful expression. Suddenly his face split up into a smile. He looked at Robin and then at everyone in the room.
"We can't cancel the marriage. There are guests already coming and our investors are here too. What would they think about our reputation? We cannot afford it. So, as the head of this family, I demand something from Louis."
Louis sprang up from his seat. His eyes set on his granddad as he nodded. He knew that no matter how loving his granddad was when it came to business, he said the final words. Leon wanted Louis to marry a boy of his selection but Louis begged him about Hardy. Now that Hardy fucked up, Louis could not deny Leon anymore. He was ashamed of his boyfriend already. He did not want to bring shame to his family more by doing anything wrong.
Leon looked at Robin, his demeanour completely professional. Louis saw how Robin looked at him, scared and fearful. He felt bad for the Styles family. It was not their fault.
"Robin, I want Harry's hand for this marriage," Leon ordered almost. His eyes hard with determination.
Louis felt when Harry stood up, his hands gripping Louis' elbow for dear life. Liam and Zayn looked at Louis then at Harry. Their eyes popping out almost. Louis felt Anne's gasp and Jay's protest. What the hell?
"But, dad..."
"But, sir..."
"But, grandpa..."
All tried to talk to Leon at once. A raised hand from him silenced them all. Leon looked at them with a stern expression.
"My words are final in this house. If someone has a problem with it, leave my house."
Louis furrowed his brows at his grandpa. He loved him to pieces but this was not done. Harry did not deserve it. He was like a brother to Louis. Damn it!
"But grandpa, what about that guy you wanted me to marry? Finn. Right? I will marry him. Leave Harry out of it, please. He is just 19. I don't want to force him into anything he never wanted to be a part of." Louis almost begged. His head turning to look at Harry. He was staring at the floor. Louis nudged him. "Say something," he whispered to Harry.
Leon looked at Harry with a soft smile, "Harry? Look at me," his voice held adoration in it. Harry looked up, his jade eyes falling on that old man.
"Do you have a boyfriend, Harry? I know that you are homosexual as well. Tell me if you have someone."
Louis stared at Harry as that boy flushed red, his eyes now on his parents. Then he jerked his head up and down. "Ye-yeah. I have a boyfriend."
Louis furrowed his brows. Sudden protectiveness engulfing him. "Who is it?" he demanded, making Harry jump.
"Nick... Hardy's friend? You remember him?" he asked in a small voice.
Louis shook his head in disbelief, "that radio jockey? That idiot? Seriously, Harry? You can do way better than that."
Leon coughed. They both turned towards him. Louis noticed a smirk on his granddad's face, his eyes dancing with mirth. What was so funny? Louis thought.
"I am afraid, I can't help it, Harry. Your brother ran away and it is a huge blow to our family's pride. We cannot afford it. We have a deal coming up and if the investors come to know that we can't handle a family problem then they will never trust us with that project. It is either you marry my grandson or I press charges against your family. They humiliated us. You decide, Harry."
Louis looked incredulously at his grandpa. Was he even sane? What was he talking about? He turned to witness a pale Harry. Louis winced as Anne started sobbing. Robbing cursed Hardy under his breath, his head bowed down. Niall looked scared as he hid his face in the crook of Liam's neck. Louis saw how Liam pulled Niall in with a protective hand around his waist. However, now was not the time to interrogate them. He turned to face Leon.
"This is not done, grandpa. I mean, Harry has nothing to do with it. He is not at fault and he has a boyfriend," he had to school his face when he said the boyfriend part. Nick? Yuck! Still. He was Harry's boyfriend.