Chapter - 3

NOTES -  I am late. Sorry about that.

************

The car journey was silent. They both were staring out of the windows. Louis had nothing to say and Harry was just lost in thought. When Paul stopped the car in front of Louis' new house, they both startled out of their own thoughts.

Louis looked out and grimaced. He had bought the new house for his married life with Hardy. He chose this house with Harry. Louis wanted it to be a surprise for Hardy. So he took Harry with him for the house selection. Harry knew his brother's choices and Louis trusted him with the selection.

Now that he stared out of the car window to look at the house, he was not very enthusiastic to go in.

"We can stay at your farmhouse. You know?" Harry's voice brought Louis back from his thoughts. He turned to see that Harry was looking at the house too. His eyes soft but expression hurt as he fidgeted with his fingers. He looked scared and vulnerable at the same time. Louis tried to understand how hard it was for Harry. He was the one who had to marry a person he never wanted to. He was too young for this and now he was trying to console Louis.

No.

With a small exhale, Louis decided in his mind that Harry deserved the welcome a newly wedded husband should get. He opened the door at his side and stepped out. He stepped around the car and opened the door for Harry with a smile. Harry looked at him from his seat, his eyes questioning.

"Welcome home, Mr. Tomlinson," Louis whispered when he took Harry's hand in his, pulling him out of the car softly. He had to grip Harry's waist when Harry almost stumbled on his own feet.

"Careful," Louis squeaked, his left hand going around Harry to steady him as he held Harry's right hand in his.

"Mr. Tomlinson?" Harry asked, his green eyes brighter and a small hopeful smile barely lifting his lips.

Louis coughed, looking over Harry's shoulder to see that Julia, the caretaker of his new house, was standing at the doorstep with a big smile adorning her face.
"You are a Tomlinson now, is not it?" Louis asked with a shrug, tugging Harry with him towards the house. His hand felt clammy in Louis'.

When they reached the front door, Juliya smiled with a bow, "welcome home, sirs. Here are your keys. I cooked some dishes and left them in the fridge and I know you want some private time for your own. I will leave you two to it and I will come back tomorrow morning. Welcome home."

Louis arched his brow at her teasing speech. She was invited to the wedding, right? She knew that this was not a normal wedding, right? Why was she behaving so normally? Actually, why was everyone behaving so normally? He watched when Harry took the keys from her and muttered a soft thank you to her. She nodded and marched away.

"God! She behaves as if you are the one I was destined to marry. Everyone seems to think so. Why everyone is so okay with the arrangements?" Louis asked, looking back at Julia's retreating form.

Harry coughed, "I- I don't know."

Louis turned to see that Harry was looking down at the keys in his hands and then back at the door in front of him.

"What?" Louis asked. Why was Harry so silent suddenly? He seemed fine a few moments ago.

He then turned to face Louis. His eyes apprehensive and expression timid. Louis furrowed his brows. What was wrong now? He then outstretched the keys for Louis to take.

"It is your house, Louis. You bought it for Hardy and your married life. Do you really want me in there?"

Louis looked at the door, it was close and he knew that he could go back to his farmhouse. He knew that he could easily go back to the Tomlinson mansion even. He could take Harry anywhere else but here. This house was like Louis' dream-house. He dreamt a future here. It was away from the city and the surrounding was not as congested as London. He imagined his days in the master bedroom with Hardy. He planned his peaceful married life in this place. When he bought it, he was the happiest to see the back garden. He imagined his kids playing there. Or he, himself playing footy there with his husband. Hardy was amazing in footy. He would beat Louis in it time to time. He could envision a barbeque taking place out there for a small family get-together. Everything was an illusion now, as it seemed.