Chapter 26

"Hey Beam." Pha and Kit said walking up to my desk.

"Hey guys!" I said it a way too upbeat voice.

"Wow you sound happy." Pha said raising his right eye brow.

"What no I don't?"

"Pha is right Beam, you look and sound way happy. At least a lot happier than you have been. What's up? Kit said as he took his seat next to me.

"Nothings up guys, I'm just me." I said, looking anything that was not them.

"Ohh is that so? So what's that on your neck?" Pha asked, pointing to the red marks on my neck.

"What's what?" I said trying to over the marks with my collar, I completely forgot about them.

"Mmm I see." Kit said smirking.

"You see what Kit? Guys they are Uhmm mosquito bites, yeah that's what they are. Mosquito bites, those damn bugs are no joke."

"Right I believe you." Kit said shaking his head no

"Yeah, cause we're like 6 years old, and don't have boyfriends of our own. So we definitely don't know what Love bites look like, yeah we believe you."

I took my hand away from my neck in defeat. "Ok yes, that was a lame excuse."

"So... you and Forth did the deed. That definitely explains your chipper mood today."

"Yeah. This needs to be a nightly or morning routine, when ever y'all did it. You need it. Kit said smiling.

"This morning." I whispered, I can feel the heat rising on my cheeks.

"Ok, so maybe you two need to be doing "the deed" every morning, because like Kit said, you need it. You've been..." I looked at Pha as he talked. "...out of it lately." I looked away when he finished his sentence, knowing what he meant.

"Beam." Kit said, in a small voice. I turned my head to him. "How are? And I mean how are you really? I don't want to hear the lie that you tell us, so we will leave you alone and stop asking questions."

I didn't answer, not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't know how to. "Beam talk to us man, we're your best friends. We don't like seeing you this way, tell us what's going on." Pha said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I know that he is right, I need to Come clean and tell them what has been going on since that horrible night. "Guys I'm... I'm, sigh* I don't even know. I just know that I'm not ok, and I haven't been ok since... you know." I looked around the room, Thank god we were the only ones here at the moment; because I feel my eyes welling up with tears. I took a deep breath before I continue what I wanted to say. "I keep having these dreams, no I keep having these nightmares every night. They... they are really scary, and I just don't know what to do to make them stop."

"Have you talk to Forth about them?" Pha asked.

"No... I'm too afraid to tell him."

"Afraid of what Beam?" Kit said with concern

"I don't want him to know about them. I don't want him to know about what keeps happening over, and over again in these nightmares. Because I know that they are not just nightmares, I know that they are my memories of... everything that happened that night."

"Wait. What do you mean? I thought that Forth got to you before... before anything happened?" Kit said in a hushed raised voice. Pha just looked at us, not saying anything. But from the look in his eyes, I can tell that he is putting two and two together. He is our leader after all, smarter than both Kit and myself.