Chapter 6

Farrah awoke to the multiple sounds of camera shots and hushed giggles. Groggily, she yawned and rubbed her eyes to clear her vision. "Oh, crap, she woke up," someone whispered. Farrah finally spotted Alison and Aaron. She looked at them confused and slowly turned her head to the heavy weight that seemed to be taking over her shoulder. 

It was none other than Kai, sleeping soundly. Farrah blinked. Slowly, her eyes widened and she screamed, backing up only to cause her to fall off the bed and land on Alison and Aaron. Kai woke up a moment too late as his head made contact with his nightstand. Hard.

"Ouch," Aaron hissed as if he had experienced Kai's pain. The two idiots left the house, sneakily so they don't catch Kai's wrath. 

Seconds later, Farrah was holding an ice pack on his head and repeatedly saying sorry over and over again until Kai stood up and put his hand over her mouth. "You should be sorry," he said, "but I don't need to hear it five hundred more times,"

Farrah glanced down at his hand and nodded, her eyebrows scrunching up. Gradually, Kai removed his hand from her mouth and sat back down, allowing her to put the ice pack back on. "You know," Kai began, "ever since you came, I've had multiple injuries,"

"Sorry," Farrah sighed. 

"It's whatever," Kai said. "Pain doesn't last forever, does it?"

"I guess not," 

"You guess not?" Kai asked. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," Farrah muttered quickly. "Just... there's other pain besides physical pain, isn't there? That can last forever, can't it? Especially when you lose someone important or someone's just broken your heart," 

Kai looked at her, curiously, his arms crossed. "No," he said, "because, at some point in yourself, you move on, you forgive, sometimes you end up meeting whoever you lost or that one person who broke your heart can become your friend,"

"But you don't forget," Farrah mumbled. She quickly felt her eyes stinging, but she shut them close and smiled. "A-anyway, how is your head feeling? I can make us some breakfast if you like? Of course, I'll have to go shopping because you don't have anymore... eggs,"

Farrah realized that Kai was staring at her the whole time as if she were a hamster that he was studying. It made her feel vulnerable and weak. Why'd I have to go and blab off like that?  Farrah looked back at him with weak eyes. 

Suddenly, he stood up and walked out of the room, but stopped at the doorway and turned to her. "It's annoying," Kai said. Farrah gave him a confused look. "When you act like you're okay when it's completely obvious that you aren't. It's annoying," 

Farrah's smile disappeared and the corner of her mouth remained neutral. He looked at her once more and left the room. She walked out of the room, grabbing her jacket. "Where are you going?" Kai asked, swallowing some water.

"To get some eggs," Farrah said, "and a little bit of fresh air,"

She slipped into her jacket and walked out of the house, slamming the door shut. The cold air hit her in the face and she began shivering almost immediately. He's so mean. Can't he at least refrain from hurting my feelings? Farrah stuffed her hands in the pockets of her jacket. 

"I'm so pathetic," Farrah thought aloud, her voice barely inaudible as she entered the grocery store. After buying a few things, she left the store not knowing what else to do. She couldn't go home because what's waiting for her is a man who thinks she's annoying. 

Farrah glared at the bag she held tightly in her hands. Who the hell does this guy think he is? Sure, he owns the house I live in and sure, he can be caring at times and sure, he's a nice person to be around but...