3

A bright, blue light filled the sky, covering the world in a blue haze that seemed magical. The military base that was now in ruins was the first clue the government needed in order to find who was responsible for both disturbances. The mutants weren't the only ones who wanted a war, the humans did as well, and they were going to use any means necessary to finish the war on top.

"They think they can win, but we're better than them, we're stronger, we out number them!" General Stevens yelled, continuing his speech to not just his military but to the citizens of the world. The speech had been broadcasted around the world, on every channel, to ensure that all humans were on the same page and any mutants watching would know the humans were coming for them.

Humans around the world were read to prepare for battle. They were ready to put their lives on the line for a world without mutants. A few humans questioned why they were doing it. There were a few that had nothing against mutants, nor did they have any reason to go after them, but the other, the ones who were out to kill, were brainwashed by the government who couldn't bare not being able to use those mutants for war. Eventually, it had boiled down to one question.

Us, or them?

"Today we fight! Today we win! Today, all mutants will die!" General Stevens yelled, again, as he brought his speech to an end. Humans all over the world cheered in anticipation. They were ready for war. They were ready for a mutant-less world.

Back at the temporary home, the mutant friends had been living at for far too long, were still standing behind the barricade, unaware of what was happening around the rest of the world. They were more concerned about whether they should be approaching Reaper or not. It had been a long standoff before Reaper decided to make his move.

"If you want your friends back, I suggest you get over here," Reaper stated with a smile that sent chills down their spines.

Hesitantly, one by one, the four of them walked out from behind the barricade and walked towards Reaper who now a hand on Inferno's forehead and one on Warlocks. He shot the four of them a quick smile before his lips moved in hyper speed. In the blink of an eye, Inferno and Warlock sat up quickly. Loud coughs erupted from their chests as they both gasped for air before looking at each other, their eyes filled with horror. Then, they noticed Reaper.

"Your him!" Inferno yelled as he tried to stand and move back at the same time, tripping over his own feet.

"I am. I'm usually only called for one of two reasons and seeing as the tow of you killed yourself for me when you could have just summoned me like you would a spirit, I'm guess your lives are at stake."

The five of them slowly turned to look at Ira who was standing off to the side, slowly stepping back as Reaper talked.

"What the hell Ira?" Polaris angrily asked.

"I didn't think it would work..." he shyly exclaimed.

"Jesus Ira!" Inferno said as he held his hand to his chest, checking to see if his heart was really beating.

"So, what is it?" Reaper asked the six of them.

"What is what?" Polaris asked.

"What did you call me here for?"

"War," Polaris simply said.

"What do you need?" He asked, his head cocking to the side.

"Any mutants we can get."

"Why?" Reaper was more than willing to help, but he needed to know the cause before he could put himself to good use.

"The humans started a war with us," Warlock began.

"The only way to survive, to win, is to get as many mutants as possible," Polaris explained, finishing what Warlock started.

Reaper looked between the six of them with a blank expression. "I can't give you all that have ever lived, but I can give you a few."

"How many is a few?" Ira asked.

"I can give you the ones that are still alive along with the ones who have died recently. My necromancy ability has a few flaws," he said with a quick laugh.

"How many would that give us?" Warlock asked, already annoyed by the mutant who was taking his sweet time to give them answers.

"Maybe twenty live ones? I can bring dead ones back to life, but they can't be controlled by me, so I can't promise they'll help fight in the war."

"That's it?" Psylocke asked the question all of them were thinking. How were they going to win a war against an entire species with no more than thirty mutants?

"With the ones I'll bring you, along with yourselves and me, we'll be at an advantage."

"You'll fight with us?" Morph asked.

"I always love a good fight," he said with a deep laugh.

Polaris began to speak in response but was cut off by Reaper holding his hand up. Reaper said nothing and neither did anyone else. All of them could feel it. They had no idea what was happening, but Reaper was fully aware of what the feeling was. It was his fault, after all.

Around the world, living mutants that were in hiding could feel the same feeling the ones in front of him could feel. Each of them getting the sudden urge to go to wherever Reaper was. No matter what it took to get there.