16

HEY READERS!!!!

This is a WHOLE NEW chapter, never before read. I hope you all enjoy it as much as you did the others. I know there have been a lot of changes to the book series recently, but it has been for the better.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for supporting the series. It means the world to me!

<3 Yumi

_______________

"How do we do this?" Polaris asked, staring between Fortis and Stone.

Stone held his hands up as if to say don't ask me as he looked away from Polaris' eyes.

Rolling his eyes, Fortis pushed himself up onto the table where he clapped his hands together. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" Stone quickly asked, his attention on Fortis.

"It means what I said. I don't know. I know that I need everyone's blood, but Reaper and Ira are right, it's impossible to get the blood of immortals and the ones with regenerative healing."

"Then we need to brainstorm. We're going to have to test a few things out on them to see if there's anything that works."

"Like what?" Stone asked with a scoff.

Shrugging, Polaris said, "Anything. Everything. Nothing can hurt at this point."

"With the regenerative healing, I could just put a force field around the knife. It might work to get their skin to stay open long enough to get some blood, but I don't know what we could do for Reaper and Angel. There blood will be impossible to get ahold of."

After a short silence, the sound of someone clearing their throat came from the far corner of the room followed by, "I can't tell if you guys are choosing to ignore me or you just forgot that I'm here, but you realize I'm called Death for a reason, right?" Dead said, annoyed that they'd been ignoring his presence for the past forty-eight minutes and twelve seconds.

"When did you get in here?" Stone asked, confused over his sudden appearance.

Death, looking obviously irritated, stood up from the chair he'd been in the entire time. "I was in here before any of you even came in! How did you not know I was in here?"

Polaris shrugged and said, "We didn't come in here to look into the corner."

"Yeah, and it's not like you're usually that quiet," Fortis said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Death angrily said.

"I think he means that you cause a lot of problems for everyone else," Stone exclaimed.

"Problems? The only one who causes problems is Split. I create solutions."

The three of them stared at Death with looks of annoyance as they listened to him rant before Polaris grew tired of it. "Listen, we're sorry we didn't see you, but before, you started talking for a reason. What is it?"

Holding his hand to his chest, Death gave Polaris a look of pain. "Ouch," he softly said. "You guy's are so mean to me. I was trying to tell you all that my ability is literally controlling blood. Has everyone here forgotten about that?"

As he finished talking, Polaris, Stone, and Fortis shared looks before turning towards Death with blank looks. "Why didn't you say anything when the idea was first brought up in front of everyone yesterday?" Polaris asked, starting to become hesitant on trusting whatever Death's idea is going to be.