Labor Day, Harder pays, Old Friend pays (a visit)

Erza Knightwalker continued her 6,678th trip from the rubble to the construction site, as her punishment continued, she found herself stuck between a rock and a hard place. Hughes and Sugarboy both laid by her feet, they had apparently fainted somewhere between 4,000 and 5,000 laps.

Adjusting the weight of the enormous pillar to her shoulders she continued walking, nudging Hughes's still form with her foot. She turned to do the same thing to Sugarboy. When they both gave the same, still, motionless result, she put the pillar down with a sigh and started running for a medic.

Her sudden appearance made the people step back and give her space, fear in their eyes. Some looked back in hatred, surprise, anger, and fear, but nonetheless, they parted to allow the Captain to continue.

Her eyes swept the area in a calculating look. "Where is the medic? I need his assistance. Now." Her voice rang out with the same authority it always carried, and it still made the nearest people tremor in fear of her wrath.

"Why do you need him, Knightwalker?" Lucy Ashley taunted, her voice just as cold, as she stood behind the Captain.

Erza didn't even bother to turn around, "Captains Hughes and Sugarboy have fainted in the fields, I have no time to waste, Ashley."

"I bet they 'fainted' because of you." Lucy continued, her words like putting salt on an open wound.

"As I have already told you, Ashley, I have no time to waste, get me a medic here or you'll be the one to explain to the King the reason why two of his Captains are near death." Knightwalker said, trying not to exaggerate her annoyance.

Lucy lunged forward, her fist raised to punch the Captain, but only found her face in the dirt, and a pain in her back.

"I TOLD you that I had no time for this nonsense!" Erza said, her voice raised menacingly.

"Where are the injured?" Wendy bravely asked, moving forward to help Lucy.

Erza Knightwalker's eyes moved to where Wendy stood, her eyes just a tiny bit softer.

"In the East Fields, I put a pillar there so it'll be easy to get back to." Knightwalker explained.

"I don't know much about healing, but you should get them some shade and water, fast." Wendy responded, handing a few water canteens to Erza and started walking away, with Lucy yelling indignantly at the redheaded captain.

"I'll make sure of that." Erza said, "I'm not doing all the work tomorrow."

Taking the water, she speed-walked towards the fields. Those idiots would have to pay her back, big time.

After shoving some water into both boy's mouths, they started to regain consciousness.

"Hey, Erza... Sure's amazing to see you here. Why's the sky red? I thought it was blue last time I checked." Hughes croaked.

After a few rounds of close hand to head combat (Erza is the hand, and Hughes and Sugarboy are the head), Erza left the two beaten up boys and returned to her work. Taking note that they were doing work much faster than before now.

Hauling her load up the hill at a constant speed, Erza decided to treat herself to reading about her family history after finishing her pile.

True, reading about dead people who practically did nothing in their lives was boring in other families, but the Knightwalker's history was full of gallant soldiers, soldiers, successful merchants, exiled villains, and a lot more.

Reading about another soldier's thoughts during a battle or hard time was just the thing that made her realize what most soldiers wanted and what they needed. It was learning from past experiences, that made Erza feel stronger.

"Captain!" A voice sound out, "The King wishes to speak to you."

"Tell him I'm busy." Erza snapped back, continuing up the hill. Stupid Prince. Thinking he can just stroll back after being gone and even dare to give her orders like her superior.

"It's about our old friend, Lieutenant Tide's back." 

"Sergeant, if Tide's back why would she be absent for 6 years?" Knightwalker said coolly.

"Because the King made me trek into the uncharted lands. That's why."

Author's note:

Well, let's find out who this Tide guy is!  Sergeant Simon is deleted for plot.

Keep Dreaming the dreams,

Living the dreams ,

And they'll become real.

Just like a Fairy Tail.

-TheMasterOfEnvisions