Tide Fare L.

Do you see the pun in the name?

Jellal came through the doors as the missing people stood there, as good as new. It was like time failed to do its part.

"Your Highness, why is Edolas rebuilt? Why are people older?  And why are you holding Tide's journal?" Erza Knightwalker demanded.

I sighed, "You were all gone for, well, 7 years exactly. What happened?"

Levy sighed, "Our fault, the machine was made from your dragon's armor's metal. We didn't know it would somehow use the gears to make us disappear for 7 years."

"Still doesn't explain why you're holding Tide's Journal! That's a part of her soul!" Knightwalker demanded.

I dipped my head solemnly, "I'm sorry Erza, Tide didn't make it."

She walked up to me and snatched the journal away. "Give me that! Did you read it?"

I weakly nodded, "I read a bit."

She groaned and walked away. Never being more dissapointed.

Then I welcomed everyone back and led them to the dining hall.

Erza flipped to a random page.

Date: I don't know and don't care, but it's departure day.
Question: What's your best memory?

It's stupid yet the Surgeon said it would be good, considering the dangerous mission I was gonna be on for who knows how long?

I must hide this from Knightwalker. She'll get all suspect-y.

My best memory must be the day I killed the man who bullied us in the cells. After that, we robbed the System and bought the cake that changed our lives, because it was because of that cake, we were seen by the King and taken in to be soldiers. Well, and the food fight.

Today we left the Edolas and we're walking around like pigeons, Dustin only lets us have a bottle of water and a few pieces of jerky.

Before we left, I showed Erza this wad of paper. Hopefully, she'll find this if we are to be gone and dead in this wasteland of sand and inevitable death.

Erza opened it to the first page and frowned, Tide had wanted her to go find her once she was reported as missing. What made her not?

Skipping through the pages to about 7 years ago, Erza looked at the page again.

Date: Erza's and a few people's mysterious disappearances from the face of Edolas.
Question: What happened today that you wish you could change?

Easy question. I wish they would come back, King Jellal cried a river when he heard the news, he's still stuck in that room of his, probably growing a beard.

Seriously, I'm going to need more than a sponge to soak up his tears.

Date: Erza's still gone, Platoon 4 retired from duty.
Question: Who's your significant other?

Stupid question, I don't care! I wanna be a loyal soldier dedicated ONLY to Edolas, besides. People annoy me more now than they did before my mission. Must've been the 3 years of solitude and wandering around the desert.

Date: Erza's gone for 2 days
Question: What's your favorite color?

Well, definitely not yellow-dry-sand color. And not blue, King Jellal will not come out of his room and I even made a song!