The Icy ACE

Erza Knightwalker yelled at her 'troops', "What do you MEAN that scallywag is Lieutenant?"

The troops shuddered in fear, they were new recruits.

"Sorry, Captain Knightwalker!" They cried out in a panicked voice. Several of them fainted under her burning glare.

"Surgeon Louis, take these weak fools to the Infirmary, I do not wish for them to be in my troops." Erza turned around and whisked away with bold and strong steps.

"Attention!" Her voice rang throughout the arena, "Tomorrow, some representatives from Eskola, the coldest city in Edolas will be coming. I expect you to be on your best behavior and-"

In the corner of her eye, she caught a Private whispering among the others.

"Vile fool! You there! Drop and give me 20! There will be no talking when I am discussing these things. Anyone who dares interrupts me again will be kicked out of my troops and fired on the spot!" Erza steeled herself, "If I am feeling good," she muttered with a slight smile.

The privates stiffened, but no one dared to say anything. Except for the guy on the sidelines.

"Excuse me, Captain. With all due respect, you can't kick us off the troops unless you have a real reason."

Erza forced her fiery glare at him, "With all due respect, Private, that was a good reason."

The Private bristled, "No it's not, Captain! He hardly did anything!"

"I said shut up!"

"This is an injustice! I can not stand this!" The Private bellowed, getting really mad and losing his temper. 

Erza's eyes narrowed, "I told you to close your mouth, or do I have to grab my spear and do it for you?"

The Private slunk his head, ashamed. "I am sorry, Captain Knightwalker."

Erza swung him a few feet away with a harsh throw. "Explain yourself! Now!"

The Private crawled up from the position he had landed in and bowed his head. "My friend, he is named Ner D'Waire. He was only telling Private Soot about the arrival time. He did no wrong!"

"Give me your name, Private. I'll need it to fire you." Erza said with a grin.

"Private Dayne Ulysses Daniel Edwardo! Sir! I mean-Ma'am!" He shouted out, "Of the Capital City!"

Erza nodded at this and walked away, "I value those with the loyalty and strength to stand up for what they truly believe in. Our new reign is a bold example of this new conviction. I know I am quite intimidating when I wish to be. You passed."

Private Dayne gasped in shock and awe, "C-Captain!"

"Well? What are you standing there like a duck for? GO AND GET YOUR NEW UNIFORM, SERGEANT!" Erza yelled at him to be gone.

She turned her harsh gaze on the remaining soldiers, "I rarely speak of such sentimental stuff, so don't make me repeat this: You have a voice, so let it be heard. Private Talk-a-lot!"

Private Ner gulped, but saluted stiffly, "Yes, sir!"

She stared him down, "Did you think you were being treated harshly? Come on, Talk-a-lot, tell me the truth."

Private Ner gulped, "No, ma'am. I t-think it was normal military er-behavior!"

Erza frowned, lies. "Very well, Private. You will be helping the chefs wash all the breakfast dishes. That is fair for whispering once in my lecture, right?"