3

"I wonder what the Dursleys did to him," Minerva said angrily and transformed into a cat, quickly dashing out of the house before Mrs. Figg could even react. Minerva strode around the Dursley residence in her tabby cat form, noticing that the house seemed to be empty. She quickly let herself in through the slightly open kitchen window before she transformed back into her human form. Pulling out her wand she mumbled an incantation following the tip of her wand until she stopped in front of a cupboard door, secured by several locks. A quick 'Alohomora' spell made the cupboard door open, revealing a little boy, sitting in the dark with a book in his hands.

"Harry!" Minerva called the child, careful as not to frighten him.

Harry glanced up, seeing the nice lady at the door of his cupboard, and cast her a huge smile. 'I can't believe it. She came to rescue me because the Dursleys locked me in so that I couldn't get away,' he realised, a very warm and comfortable feeling spreading through his body. 'Someone cares about me!' He quickly scrambled to his feet and stepped out of the cupboard door, shyly holding out a hand to the nice lady.

Minerva noticed sadly that the child was once again clothed in rags. She carefully took the boy's hand and bent down until she was at eye level with Harry. "You couldn't come to Mrs. Figg's house because you were locked in, right?" she asked in a soft voice, and Harry nodded his head, wearing an apologizing expression. "All right, shall we go then?" Minerva suggested.

When Harry nodded with apparent enthusiasm, she told him that she would apparate them from where they were, and Harry gave his silent nod of agreement.

'She's so nice to me, I should really speak to her,' Harry thought, feeling very bad, but he couldn't help it at the moment. He noticed the slightly dizzy feeling again, but an instant later, they stood in front of a huge manor. 'Is that a castle too?' Harry wondered, throwing Minerva an enquiring look.

"That, Harry, is McGonagall Manor. This is my home," Minerva explained, giving the child a comforting look, before she led him to the large entrance doors. "Now, we have to adjust you to the wards so that the wards will recognize you and let you in at any time," she said and told Harry to put his hand against the door while she mumbled a long incantation which Harry could not properly understand.

Harry felt a tingle run his body up and down until it ceased and finally the door opened. 'Wow that felt funny,' he thought, smiling. They took a few steps forward only to find themselves in a huge entrance hall. Harry looked around in awe until he backed up, violently, trying to hide in Minerva's robes when two strange looking creatures appeared with a loud crack.

"Oh, Harry, you don't have to be afraid," Minerva assured him, a smile softening her strict feature. "These are my House elves, Cecilia and Malcolm. Hello Cecilia and Malcolm, this is Harry, and he's going to stay here with me on the weekends during the holidays," she turned to the two elves.

"Hello Master Harry," Cecilia greeted Harry friendly, and Malcolm added, "We is glad to have yous here, Master Harry."

'They look a bit strange but they seem nice,' Harry thought, giving the two elves a hesitant smile.

"Cecilia, Malcolm, could you please prepare the room adjacent to the Master's bedroom as a children's room for Harry? It will be his room from now on."

"Yes, of course, Mistress Minerva, we do it immediately," Cecilia promised, and the two elves disappeared with a double 'Pop'.

Harry glanced at the spot where they had been standing in awe. "They'e already quite old; they watched over me when I was a child," Minerva explained while she led Harry into a huge living room. "If you need something or have problems and I'm not nearby, you only have to say one of their names and they'll come and help you. On the other hand, if they ask you to do something, you'll obey to them, all right?"