26

When Harry arrived in the Shrieking Shack in his phoenix form, he saw that Remus was sitting there, writing feverishly on a parchment. He looked up letting out a huge gasp upon noticing the beautiful phoenix sitting beside him.

"Harry, what are you doing here?" he asked in concern.

Harry quickly transformed back and replied, "Hi Uncle Moony, I just wanted to see if you were all right."

"I'm as all right as one could be, and that's thanks to you, Harry," Remus replied, and Harry noticed in concern that tears began to pour down from Remus' eyes.

"Uncle Moony, what's wrong?" he asked, looking up into the teacher's brown eyes.

"Nothing is wrong, Harry; I'm just so happy," Remus replied, pulling the child into a bear hug. "You obviously managed to unintentionally invent the wolvescure and heal me. I still can't believe it," he sobbed.

"Congratulations Uncle Moony; I'm very happy that we managed to cure you, even if it was only by chance." Harry replied, giving the man a huge smile.

"Now Harry, I believe that it's time for you to flash back; your parents would be very worried if they happened to notice that you weren't in your room," Remus advised the child, releasing him from his embrace.

"I can take you with me," Harry suggested, eagerly.

"No Harry, as long as the full moon is still out, I'm going to stay here," Remus replied in a firm voice.

"All right; I'm going back to bed then," Harry decided, yawning, and transformed back into his phoenix form, so that he could flash away.

Back in his own room, Harry thought, 'I should tell Dad about this right now. He'll be so happy.'

Harry ran over into his parents' room and climbed into the bed between Minerva and Severus. He lightly shook Severus' shoulder and, in order not to disturb Minerva, he thought to the man, 'Dad, are you awake? I have to tell you something important.'

Severus lazily opened his eyes. "What's wrong, Harry?" he asked in concern, giving the child a piercing look.

"Dad, we did it. Remus didn't transform; he's still human," Harry whispered back, much too excited to notice that his father's brows narrowed and his face took on an extremely angry expression.

"How do you know that?" he asked in a stern voice.

"Err... I flashed into the Shrieking Shack to check on Uncle Moony," Harry admitted in a small voice, backing up into Minerva's arm when he noticed the angry look Severus was giving him.

"What's wrong?" Minerva asked sleepily, lazily opening her eyes.

"Harry saw fit to flash into the Shrieking Shack to see if Remus had transformed into a werewolf in spite of my explicit orders to stay away from the Shrieking Shack," Severus told her in a livid voice.

"Harry, that was very irresponsible," Minerva told the boy, who was crying into her pyjamas.

"I'm sorry," Harry sobbed, wondering if his father wasn't happy about the fact that Remus was cured.

"Sorry is not good enough," Severus replied, angrily. "You're too reckless, especially when it concerns your own safety. Now go to sleep, and we'll talk about your punishment in the morning."

Harry nestled deep into Minerva's embrace, but he couldn't go back to sleep. 'What does Dad mean with punishment?' he mused. 'Will he ground me for the rest of the holidays? But I'm invited to Neville today for his birthday, and all my friends were going to come for my birthday party tomorrow.'