28

Severus, Godric and Tom put their wands away, and Severus explained to Hagrid, "I'm sorry for this, Hagrid, but we've placed a spell on you, which will prevent you from harming Harry in any way. The spell won't do you any harm, and since we cast it together, even Dumbledore won't be able to break it."

Hagrid sighed in apparent relief. "Thank you so much, Severus, Tom and Godric. I'm so glad that you believe me that I really don't want to hurt Harry."

"All right; now since I suspect that Minerva will be worried, I suggest that we return to the birthday party," Severus concluded the short meeting, and the four men headed back to the living room.

"Severus, where's Harry? Is something wrong?" Minerva asked worriedly, having noticed that Harry, Poppy and Tonks had not returned to the living room yet.

Her husband sighed and calmingly laid an arm around her shoulders. "It's all right, Minerva. However, Hagrid was under the Imperius curse and poisoned Harry once again. Fortunately, Harry only ate a small bite of the rock cakes that contained the poison, and as you know, I had the antidote ready, so that Poppy could administer it immediately. Tom, Godric, and I have put Hagrid under a spell, which will make it impossible for him to harm Harry again. Shall we go and look after Harry? I'm sure your guests will excuse you for a few minutes."

"Of course," Professor Sprout spoke up. "Minerva, the child needs you. We'll wait and proceed to the head of your cat cake."

"Cat nose," Rolanda Hooch agreed, "absolutely delicious."

"Well, I'd like to have a cat eye," Tom replied, while Minerva and Severus headed for the door.

ハリーと頑固な校長先生

When they entered Harry's bedroom, Poppy and Tonks were sitting on the edge of his bed. Tonks was reading Harry's favourite story about two small dragons to the boy, while the child was resting his head on Poppy's lap.

"Mummy, Daddy," Harry blurted out, seeing his parents enter his room, and tears started to well in his eyes.

"How are you sweetie?" Minerva asked, while she bent down to gently stroke his cheeks.

"It's all right," Harry replied in a small voice, causing Poppy to explain, "It wasn't so bad this time, because he only ingested only a minuscule amount of the poison. Nevertheless, he had to throw up five or six times, his stomach is still a bit queasy, and he is running a slight fever. I recommend that you stay here tonight and let him rest tomorrow until he feels completely well, before you return to Hogwarts."

"Mummy," Harry spoke up hesitantly, "you can go back to your birthday party. Aunt Poppy and Professor Tonks promised to stay with me until everyone goes home. You don't have to worry; I'm fine."

Seeing that Minerva opened her mouth to contradict, Poppy beat her to it and suggested, "Minnie, since his stomach seems to have calmed down a bit, you can take him with you to the living room, where he can rest on the sofa. He'll go to sleep in a few minutes anyway."

"Do you want to come with us?" Minerva asked softly, and seeing that Harry gave his mother a small nod, Severus picked the child up and carried him downstairs, where all the teachers took turns sitting on the edge of the sofa and talked with him, until he drifted off to sleep half an hour later.

When Harry woke up the following morning, he found himself in his parents' bed between Minerva and Severus. Since he was not completely well yet, the adults decided to spend the morning in their bedroom, where Harry slept throughout the day, while Minerva and Severus played chess next to him. Just before dinner, the small family returned to Hogwarts.

ハリーと頑固な校長先生

"Severus, shall I Floo-call the minister concerning the wolvescure?" Minerva asked when they ate dinner in their quarters.