You're What My Heart Desires - Lukesse | Pt. 1

Suggested by kittykiller196

     Lukas had been waiting for the right time, the right moment.

Nine months, he's been waiting for that moment.

Lukas was a reticent one, but wasn't very fond of long waiting.

So he wanted to do it today.

     "Lukas..." A voice echoed through his empty thoughts, like as if it was coming from the other side of a long, long tunnel. "Lukas..."

     "Lukas!"

     Everything rushed back to him when a hand hit him on the back of his head; the world of reality came to.

     "Ow, Petra!" He yelped. Petra didn't seem very amused, though.

     "You've gone blank about... Five times today! Don't you think it's about time you stop?" She grumbled, leaning back on her chair, sipping her coffee.

Hot steam rose from the mug.

Lukas tugged on the collar of his sweater; it was getting quite hot in there, despite the fact that it was near Christmas time.

     "Sorry." He mumbled. With a little stumble, Lukas rose from the armchair he had been sitting in, looked around. "I gotta go." Then he turned around, ran out the door in and instant, grabbing his gloves and scarf on the way.

     "Hey, wait! At least tell me..." Petra didn't have time to finish, because he was already out the door.

...

     "God damn it, Jesse. Why do you need to make it so hard?" He grumbled, holding the frame tight in his hands.

A picture of Jesse and Lukas with their arms around each other, smiling happily after they had become the New Order.

Those were the good old days.

     "You make it too stressful."

     "I wish I could always be with you. Something inside... Is just telling me... That I'm..."

Lukas blinked a couple times. His chest felt tight, as if somebody was grabbing his torso and squeezing.

     "Meant to be with you."

Somebody knocked on the door several times.

     "Lukas, you in there, buddy?"

     A sweet, soothing voice, like an angel itself. It had to be Jesse. He stood up from his bed with a grunt, and walked towards the door, messing up his blonde hair, something he did when he felt stressed out.

He yanked the door open to reveal the raven haired girl staring back at him with her summer tree green eyes. They shot into his blue orbs, making Lukas shiver with anxiousness. She was in front of him.

She was actually in front of him.

     "Hey, Jesse." Lukas tried to say nonchalantly, but jibbered, immediately failing.

     "It's been a while. You don't show yourself around in public these days. I just wanted to check if something's wrong or not." She said. Lukas scratched the back of his head.

To be honest, he hadn't slept for days.

Too much was on his mind.

And that subject on his mind was a certain girl standing right in front of him.