Love In a Lab - Danzie(Dan x Lizzie)

Suggested by JuliaCapuletS4a

     Experiments, experiments, experiments.

     These days, experiments were technically her life. Mostly every hour, every minute, every second of her life was all brewing, mixing, extreme thinking. And when she meant 'extreme', she meant 'super extreme'.

Dan stood next to her, whistling. Seemed to be some kind of pop song she didn't know. Lizzie gave Dan a playful eyeroll.

     "Stop whistling, they're too... Um..."

     "Good to hear? Perfect for you?"

     "Uh... Not the answer I was going for."

     Dan laughed, throwing his head back a little. Lizzie giggled, pushed the strand of her dyed, pink hair in front of her eye to behind her ear. It kept falling back down every ten seconds. She was starting to get bored of it.

Spending her time with Dan all day, she could call it a pleasure, alright. She wouldn't call him nice - that wouldn't be the right word. Rude, but in a good way. Lizzie liked him a lot. She even thought they could actually be something more than friends, but she had learned to ignore it.

Lizzie snapped out of her thoughts when Dan nudged her with an elbow.

     "Hey, aren't you hungry?"

     "Well, I suppose I am."

     "Want a nice PB&J sandwich?"

     "Dan..."

     "Alright, I'll get something else rather than the baby food. Come to the kitchen in ten minutes."

     Lizzie smiled as Dan walked away, humming.

     She missed the 'good ol' days', as she called it; the White Pumkin's Mansion was certainly an exciting adventure. There were deaths and consequences, many loss of friends. However, she'd never forget the time when she met the Order. Now, as an inspiration to them, her, Dan and Stampy had formed a new group. They still weren't sure what to call it though.

Ten minutes passed quickly, and Lizzie left for the kitchen.

...

     After a short - but tasty meal consisted of chicken and cola Dan had left on the kitchen counter, Lizzie returned to the lab for her next experiment.

Who knew where Dan was now? He'd come back in a few minutes.

She glanced at her lab coat, her chair, her desk - which was busy with supplies rolling around. Dan had said he'd help, but since he was nowhere to be seen, Lizzie had to do this one on her own.

She tried to organize the materials first. Lizzie knew she wasn't the cleanest person in the house. The materials crowded the table fully so she had a risky time gathering the right ingredients.

She spotted something on the corner of her eye.

A note.

A small note, attatched to her microscope.

As if the saying, 'Curiosity kills the cat' was true, Lizzie grabbed the white piece of paper, carefully opening it. Part of her mind was screaming at her not to, that it wasn't for her. She ignored it.

Lastly, she opened it, smoothed it up, and began reading.

...

Dear Lizzie,

     After all these years of having you as a science lab partner, I have felt that I have lately been growing close to you. Sometimes, I can't help feeling that you and I are actually meant to be friends from the first place.

But I was wondering if we could be something more. Not just friends, but beyond that. I think we'll be happy together.

There aren't enough words to help describe what I think about you. But I know that you're just perfect.

I love you, Lizzie.

Love,
Dan

...

     Then somebody was grabbing her.

     Grabbing her by the waist.

Lizzie spun around with a gasp, and a little sigh of relief escaped her lips as soon as she saw it was Dan who had grabbed her.

Soon, they were both blushing a dark red.

     "Dan -" Lizzie had begun, but the boy shushed him. He grinned, Lizzie grinned back. Suddenly, she felt so traumatized. So...

Hypnotized.

     "I love you." Lizzie blurt out, clinging onto Dan's jacket. "I love you than anything more in the world. I loved you, I love you, I will love you, and nothing can stop me from doing so."

Dan carefully stroked the back of the girl's head. Gentle, steady strokes. One. Two. Three strokes. And more.

     "You don't need to say that." Dan replied, his lips in a flat line. A tear-streaked Lizzie pulled away with a hurt look on her face.

     "Why?" She mumbled, and Dan grinned mischievously. Then he grabbed her by the shoulders, making her jerk and laugh.

     "Because I already love you!" Dan laughed playfully. Soon they were just goofing around the lab, jumping, laughing, gentle slapping.

Then they got together.

And they kissed.