II. Strangers under One Roof, Not Anymore

Anaya's POV

Days passed by into months, and in these two months, we had formed a routine and an unspoken rule, do not speak to me. I would set up an alarm for Ashar, and I would get up to cook, after brushing, of course. From what I have seen, Ashar would wake up irritated by the sound of the alarm and storm off to the bathroom, cursing me the entire time. We would have our breakfast in silence, and Ashar would be gone, not to be seen until dinnertime.

I had a hope to win him over, but that khadoos would not bother to say a single word. This guy is seriously playing hard to get.

Today, even after a complete two months, I am still adjusting to this strangers-under-one-roof routine. Me, being my usual, bored self, decided to do something to keep myself busy. If I don't keep myself engaged in chores, the thoughts of my love will take over my brain and leave me in a pool of insecurities.

So, I decided to clean the house, and clean I did. I rearranged the mess of files in the drawers, dusted, and many other things one would associate with cleaning. All in all, I left the house spick and span without a single speck of dust. But, how would I know, if my boredom would lead to my heart shattering into millions of pieces?

This evening, Ashar came home late, and as usual, we had our dinner in silence. We did our business and occupied our positions on our bed. Didn't I tell you, boring! Why doesn't he talk to me, not even a greeting? Am I that bad? Did he not like my personality, so he is pretending I don't exist? Do I look ugly with my below average looks, especially this chubbiness of mine? Or is he scared of the words he heard about life after marriage, and afraid I would leave him if he says something wrong?

  He isn't an idiot, my subconscious scolded me.

  No, he isn't, I agreed.

And with my daily battle against my insecurities, I slipped into a deep slumber.

I felt the sun rays hitting my face, and woke up to the most beautiful sight, my husband Ashar. And my limbs are entangled with his! Oh Allah, please help me!

After carefully untangling my limbs from his, I rushed into the bathroom, thanking Allah with all my being for keeping Ashar asleep. What happened from the short time between Fajr, and now?

I was going up to personally wake Ashar, when I eavesdropped on his conversation on the phone.

" Yes, I will get the blue file, just entertain the clients," said Ashar.

Blue file? Oh wait, I kept it in the drawers. Telling Ashar just that, I handed the file over to him. But this guy cannot even appreciate the fact that I helped save his deal.

"Why do you touch my stuff? You are a stranger to me, don't you dare try to be my wife!" Ashar yelled at me, and stormed off to his car.

Oh God! If he doesn't consider me as his wife, what am I to him? If I am only here to clean the house, he must consider me his maid! He hurt me again, but It does not matter; it is just another wound on a canvas of scars. Yet, I can't help but cry. Stupid feelings!

I must show him that I am not someone who will leave him. I have to give him love, a lot of love to make him civilized towards me. And from there, I worked towards my surprise.

Ashar's POV

I got the deal! I lost this deal once before, but they agreed to give me another chance. Is Anaya my lucky charm? I behaved very rudely with her, I must gift her something. Her dark brown orbs, lively yet hiding a rough past, are enough to capture me in its trance. I want to behave normal with her, but my tough past prevents me from being an ideal husband to her, with doubts and insecurities clouding my brain.

I reached home, and rang the bell. The door opened, and the sight in front of my eyes was mesmerizing; rose petals on the sofa and dining table, candles giving a dim light and cozy feel, alongside a romantic atmosphere. And then, I saw the showstopper-my wife. Oh my, she is wearing my favorite color, blue! Ah, my beloved in blue! Words can't do justice to her beauty, so I simply said, "You look beautiful!" And my beauty only blushed. How she has feelings for me, even when I am harsh to her, only Allah knows.

When we were having dinner in that romantic ambience planned by her, I couldn't help but gaze at her beauty when she eats, oblivious to her surroundings. Girls and their food.

Just then, she noticed my intense stare at her. She merely blushed.

"Can't resist my charms dear wife?" And she blushes.

"No, I-I mean I can," she stammered.

"You can't."

"I can."

"I am sorry"

"What?" Asked a shocked Anaya.

"I am sorry for treating you so harshly the other days," apologized I.

"I forgive you, but your words gave me wounds that might never heal," was her heartbreaking reply.

"I will heal you, please give me a chance," I pleaded.

"Will you be able to deal with my insecurities because of my past?"

"You have a past, so do I. Let's heal together."

----------------------------------------------

I just wanted to add that my updates will be once a week, with little fluctuations. Also, to whoever reads this story, what do you think of it until now?