III. Someone Unknown

Anaya's POV

As I lay in bed that night, waiting for Ashar, I thought back to the events that occurred. I couldn't help but feel a warm, fuzzy feeling in my belly, thinking back to Ashar's sudden change. I am still not completely sure if his actions are real. Will he break me more with his words again?

"Anaya?"

"Yes," I was broken out of my thoughts by Ashar, who was in bed right next to me. Did I actually zone out for so long?

"Yes, you did," chuckled Ashar, "and yes, you thought out loud."

"Ashar, I know you don't like me, but I just want you to know, I am here for you, ok?"

"Who the hell told you I don't like you? You know, I disliked you at first, but by your actions, and caring for me even though I act like a jerk; I don't know when, but I was mesmerized by you, and when these feelings turned into something more, I don't know. I just couldn't express it," blurted Ashar.

"I like you too," I replied. I love you.

"Let's go to sleep, milady," said Ashar, wrapping an arm around me. This guy will kill me with all this blushing, so I turned to the other side to hide it from him. Ashar spooned me, and I fell asleep, dreaming about him and our future.

**********

I woke up to the handsome face of Ashar. His lush dark brown hair tempting me to run a hand through them, his sharp jawline, his beautiful lips, all have me mesmerized. I noticed the frown on his face, making me think he is tensed. Maybe he has a dark past, and the memories are haunting him. I decided then and there that I would give whatever is left of my heart to Ashar, shower all my love on this amazing creation of Allah beside me, and help him fight and overcome his inner demons.

I untangled myself from Ashar and turned to go to the bathroom when I heard the words which made me stop in my tracks.

"Don't leave me, Sani," muttered Ashar.

So he has another girl in his life, huh! NO, I refuse to believe that! He himself told me that he likes me. Maybe she is part of his past. Stupid insecurities! And with that, I walked into the bathroom.

I came out dressed in a pink kurti with black leggings. Today, I will personally wake him up. I nudged him, attempted to push him out of bed, and called him, to no avail.

"If you don't get up this instant, I will have to wake you up in my special way," I threatened him, only to receive no response.

After a few seconds, I saw Ashar jolt up due to the impact of cold water I threw on his face.

"Anaya, I won't spare you!"

"Catch me if you can!" I yelled and immediately broke into a sprint to avoid Ashar. After a few minutes, he slowed down, so did I just to tease him. He quickly sped up and caught me, taking me into his arms. And oh my, his pitch black orbs are so mesmerizing, holding so many secrets.

"Hey, Ashar," I managed to say after a few minutes," Your tea is burning, let me go!"

"oh, OH!" Ashar left me as though I was the one burning, not his breakfast. It seemed he just now realized we were in the kitchen.

I rushed to the stove and turned off the tea, which was almost overflowing due to the expansion of milk. I was so engrossed in my work, I didn't realize my hand was about to touch the heated pot, only brought to my notice by Ashar's yelling.

"ANAYA! Be careful, what are you doing, your hand might have burnt! If it wasn't for the weekend, I wouldn't be able to save you!"

"I am sorry," replied my upset self.

"You have to take care of yourself, although I will always be your knight in shining armor, coming to save you," a smirking Ashar winked, instantly uplifting my mood.

After Ashar left due to an emergency in his office, I decided to do my most important work, thinking!

Who is this Sani? I must find out about Ashar's past to heal him. I have grown so attached to him, I cannot see him in pain. I will ask him about his past tonight.

RINGG!!RINGG!!

The sound of the ringtone brought me out of my thoughts. I answered the call.

"Hello?"

no response

"Hello, who is this?"

Still no answer. I cut the call, being so fed up of this mysterious person. Why would someone call you if they don't want to talk? Strange!

Should I tell Ashar about this? I think I shouldn't for the time being. I will tell him only if the stranger calls again.