Chapter 113

After a long couple days of shows and rehearsal, Pippa was ready for a break. Mostly from Daveed and his intense rehearsals.

She decided to go out and explore Moscow. Jazzy and Anthony stayed behind at the hotel to rest Jazzy's wrist, so Pippa managed to get Jessa and Lana to come with her instead.

"Where do you want to go?" Jessa asked, looking around as they stepped out of the hotel.

"I don't know, we can just walk around if you want," Pippa said. "I wasn't planning anything specific, I just wanted to get out of the theatre for a while."

"Makes sense. Daveed has been a little intense lately," Lana commented.

"Tell me about it," Pippa said, rolling her eyes.

"I mean, it must be stressful, running this tour," Jessa mused. "I don't think I would be able to handle being in charge. It would be a lot of work."

"Speaking of, are you guys going to go on the second rotation of the tour?" Pippa asked.

Jessa and Lana exchanged glances. "I probably am," Lana said. "I love it. It's been amazing, and I don't know. I want to stay with Angelica for a little longer."

"I think I'm going to, as well. I love the ensemble tracks, honestly, and being on tour has been one of the best experiences of my life," Jessa added. "What about you, Pippa? Are you staying?"

Pippa took a deep breath. "I don't think so."

"Why? I understand the decision and I'm not mad, but why do you want to leave?" Lana asked.

"It's hard to stay in touch with family and friends, and I just miss New York City a lot. Travelling hasn't been easy for me, and the egg allergy thing definitely doesn't make it any easier. Besides, I'm sure you'll find a great Eliza when I do."

"It'll be sad when you leave, though," Jessa said. "You're like our older sister that knows what she's supposed to be doing. Without you and Jazzy, we're all running around like chickens with their heads cut off."

"That is not an image I need in my head," Pippa complained. "Ew, ew, ew, Jessa!"

"Jessa always has weird metaphors," Lana told Pippa.

"Why didn't you warn me?" Pippa demanded.

"Well, I wasn't exactly thinking she was going to say something like that, either," Lana said.

"Okay, okay, I get the point," Jessa said, rolling her eyes. "Let's talk about something that's not sad, like, I don't know, turtles, or Pippa's dating Steven."

"Why is it always about my relationship with Steven?" Pippa asked. She wasn't really complaining. She loved talking about Steven, but somehow conversation seemed to always turn to the fact that she was dating him.

"Because you're cute, and when you're not in a relationship, it makes everyone else's all the more fascinating," Jessa explained. Pippa briefly glanced at Lana, who looked a little uncomfortable.

"Well, it's going well. It's hard being away from him, to be honest," Pippa said.

"That stinks. If I ever had to date someone, I would want them to be in the same place as me as much as possible. In the same show, or ones that stopped in the same tour locations. But mostly in the same show, I guess," Jessa said, shrugging. "That way we wouldn't be split up."

"Well, I'm sure you both will find someone," Pippa said as casually as possible.

"I hope so," Jessa replied. "So far, no one here seems to really be jumping at the chance to date me. The single pringle life is very single at the moment. Not that it's a big deal. I don't want to be super clingy at all. That always bugs me. I've been in relationships where it seems super forced, and I feel like a relationship should be like wanting to be best friends with someone forever. It doesn't always have to be super kissy and that kind of thing. Sometimes that gets in the way of what's important."

Pippa sincerely hoped that Lana was paying attention. Jessa was basically spouting what she wanted in a girlfriend, and so far, Pippa hadn't heard anything that really said 'I'm not interested in Lana'.

"You could always just date someone you knew really well," Pippa suggested. "As more of something to see what you aren't looking for."

"But then I'd be going into the relationship without being serious, and no one ever deserves that. I think if you want to date someone, you have to commit," Jessa explained.

"That's actually really smart," Pippa said thoughtfully.

"Kind of like Jazzy and Anthony. If you go in expecting it to be short, it's going to be short. If you go in thinking that you're going to spend the rest of your life with someone, that's how you're going to act and that's how you're going to treat them," Jessa continued. "So, yeah. There's my little speech."

"It's a good, logical speech," Lana reassured her.

Pippa smiled a little to herself. They'd made it back to the hotel. "Well, I'm going to go to my room and FaceTime Steven. You girls have fun."

And with that, she turned to head toward her room, leaving the two other girls behind.

~~~~~~~~~~

wow i am so late to the dear evan hansen train but man it's so good LAURA DREYFUSS IS A CINNAMON ROLL OKAY

also i forgot to feed you guys again whoops BUT THANK GOD IT'S THANKSGIVING SOON GUYS