May 2019

Okay, super short chapter for you guys...Sorry I suck at the updates. Your girl is not in a good headspace, but hopefully I'll be back to "normal" soon! xoxo

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************"As you can see, it's cozy but still very spacious. We've got hardwood floors and nine-foot ceilings throughout. It's a safe neighborhood, median age is around thirty-one and it's mostly singles. Grocery stores and restaurants nearby."

"This is really nice... What do you think?" I asked turning towards Greg.

"It's nice, definitely could see you living here. You don't have to rush though; the guest room is yours as long as you want it."

"I know, which is what makes you the best, but I can't hide behind you forever," I sighed turning back to the landlord, "I'll take it."

"Great, your realtor and I can get started on the paperwork."

The realtor and landlord left as I felt along the cabinets of the open kitchen and admired the tops of the island, I'd now be eating at.

"Just answer it, you can't avoid him whenever you're with me."

I had heard the vibration against Greg's keys and knew it was him. He had no reason to ignore anybody else, he was trying to protect me from him, just like he had been since the first night I had met them.

"Maybe I just don't feel like talking to him."

Before I could answer my phone started ringing, except it was our manager Cathy, the obnoxious middle age woman whose mission in life was to sabotage my career.

"Hello Catherine."

"Mollie, I figured I'd give you the good news, you and Ryan are up for several nominations at the CMT Awards, you've also been invited to perform."

"I thought it was over. You said after the tour we were finished, we just needed to wait out the end of the contract."

"Well, since you still have another two months on your contracts CMA Fest and the award show will be the last of it. It'll be like a farewell performance."

"Great, can't wait." I deadpanned rolling my eyes as Greg smirked at me from across the apartment.

"Good, I'll get in touch with the style teams, and schedule a meeting with the creative team to go over the show."

"Fine."

I didn't bother saying goodbye, because for the next two months until I could find new management Cathy would be breathing down my neck and making my life miserable. Cathy didn't even want me, if it weren't for the fact Ryan said he wouldn't sign the deal without me I would be finishing my degree and my plan would be in motion. Not this train wreck I got pulled into. Two months. That's all I had to get through.
*************************************************

Normally, the day Ryan and I got to go get styled for award shows was one of my favorite things. What girl didn't like getting to play dress up and get pampered a little bit? This time, I didn't want to be doing this. I didn't know if I could actually fake a smile and walk down the carpet pretending everything was okay, because it wasn't.

Ryan had a problem he refused to acknowledge, and I had already dealt with it for too long. I had watched my father suffer through it years ago and I wasn't going to watch the man I loved go down the same path.

I had successfully avoided any conversation with Ryan as our stylist, Ellie, threw tons of clothes at us to try on. This was most likely Ellie's way of trying to ease the tension that was radiating between them. But we had successfully completed our mission and found outfits for the red carpet and the performance.

I practically ran out of the building towards my car, unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough and Ryan caught me as I was making my way through the parking garage.

"Ollie, wait. Please, just talk to me."

"I don't want to talk right now. I need to get home, my furniture is being delivered," I said unlocking the car, only to have Ryan's large calloused hand to close the slightly opened door.

"Tori said you were staying at Greg's."

"I signed on a condo last week. Can I go...please?"

"No. I want to fix this, please. I found this therapist, she's a couple's therapist. One session, air all the bullshit out."

"I cannot do this right now Ryan. Just please, let me go."

I could still feel him behind me, I knew I couldn't turn around and look him in the face.

"Okay, I'm going home, but you know where to find me when you're ready," I tensed as I felt his fingers grip my hip and he placed a gentle kiss on the back of her shoulder before moving away.

I hurried into the car as soon as he moved to climb into his truck. I had no clue how to get through this. Maybe I should just give in, and go back to him to make everything easier, go back to everything that was familiar.

Except I knew that wouldn't help anything. As much as I hurt and wanted to sink back into his arms and pretend everything was fine I just couldn't. We needed our time apart, and hopefully that would bring back the spark that was there years ago. I hoped.

 I hoped