Chapter 1

Harry's POV

Sitting in my car waiting outside the library, I'm starting to realize what I'm doing is a bit... Out of the ordinary. But I don't really care. This teenage girl has potential. She has everything that I'm looking for and more.

Just as I'm starting to lose patience, I see a pair of brown pigtails and a pink skirt pass my car in the parking lot. I instantly sit up and observe, trying not to look too obvious but probably failing.

I watch as she sets her books in the basket of her bike and checks her phone. I'm waiting for her to look up, but she never does, so instead I press my hand to the horn on my steering wheel.

She jumps back, knocking her bike and books over and I take this as my cue. I rush out of my car and run over to her.

"Oh my gosh..." I hear her mumbling and she hurriedly tries to pick up her books.

I put my hand on her small shoulder and she turns around frightened. "Are you alright miss?" I ask, trying to sound sincere.

"U-um yes I am mister. I think somebody honked there horn and I'm kinda clumsy so I fell over. Thanks for asking though." She stammers.

I look down and see her thigh high socks torn and blood beading at her knees, "You're hurt." I state obviously.

She furrows her eyebrows then looks down and laughs "That's nothing mister. I get scrapes and bruises all the time."

I nod in response, holding my hand out to help her up. "I'm Harry. Your name is...?"

"Taylor." She says taking my hand, "Thank you." She mumbles flattening her skirt.

I can tell she's confused and trying not to look me in the eye so I take her chin and make her look me in the eyes. Her eyes go wide as she tries to find something to say.

"Be careful. Yes?" I suggest, raising an eyebrow.

She nods, "Um... Yes. I will do that."

I release her chin and she blushes before picking up her bike and putting her books back.

"I'll see you around mister." She says before riding off.

"You have no idea." I mumble before heading back to my car.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Taylor's POV

As I park my bike in my drive way I start to feel the stinging at my knees. I look down and chew on my lip. My knees are torn up plus my socks are ripped. Peachy.

I sigh before I grab my books and walk around to the back door. I unlock it then make my way to my room setting the books down on my dresser. I turn around and trip over my raised rug yelping. Luckily I throw my hands out and catch myself.

"Be careful. Yes?"

I blush when I think of the mysterious mans words. Wait, ew! This man looked like he was in his twenties! I'm only seventeen!

Although, he was quite attractive.

I shake my head. No Taylor. Think of something else.

Taking my own advice, I think about my scraped knees. I pick myself up and make my way to the bathroom getting out my first aid kit.

I hiss quietly when I bring the liquid to my skin before covering it with a band aid.

When I'm done, I make my way back to my room and decide to read a book. I pick up the black and green one and open the cover. Curiously, a piece of paper falls out and flutters to the floor. My eyebrows knit together as I bend over to pick it up.

When I unfold it my mouth goes slack for a few seconds.

Harry Styles
580-767-3247

Going against everything telling me not to, I type his number into my phone.

Hello :) this is Taylor. Is this mister styles? (Read)

Within less than a minute my phone buzzes.

Mister Styles
Please call me Harry. But yes, this is "mister styles" how are you love? Being safe I hope?

My face crinkles up. He's not my dad, why does he care so much? Or at least, why does it seem like he cares so much?

Well, I suppose other than tripping, yes, I am being safe. How are you? (Read)

When I don't get a response I open my book back up and continue reading.

My eyes fly across the page as I get lost in an imaginary world. I'm so lost in my book that I don't hear my phone buzzing until the third time. I frown and set my book down picking up my phone.

"Hello?" I say a bit annoyed.

"Don't get an attitude with my love," a raspy voice says making my cheeks flush, "why haven't you answered my texts?"

I roll my eyes slightly, "Well taking I just met you, I don't have a reason to respond right away. But if you must know, I was nose deep into a book I'm reading. Or, was reading..." I answer.

"I see," he says, "I texted you three times. You didn't respond till' now."

"State the obvious." I mumble.

"Excuse me love? I'm not sure I heard you."

I chew my lip. Something tells me I shouldn't cross him, so I lie. "I didn't say anything mister."

"Tsk tsk tsk... Lying to me are we?" He says darkly.

"N-no." I stutter.

"Leave your back door open love. Going to teach you some manners."

"How do you-?" I try to ask but he hangs up before I can finish.

How do you know where I live?? We just met! (Read)

I text him but he doesn't answer. So I text him again.

I'm not leaving my door open. (Read)

That however, gets an immediate response.

Mister Styles
If you lock your door your punishment will be worse ;)