Chapter 8

Taylor's POV

I'm trapped. I'm awake but I can't move or open my eyes. What's wrong with me? What happened? I use every fiber in my body to try to wiggle my big toe but it doesn't work.

I hear somebody shuffling around and I try to turn my head to look but I remain still.

"Please." I hear somebody say quietly. It sounds like Harry, "Please, baby. You gotta wake up."

I am up! I wanna shout. But nothing in my body is working. I'm shut down. I feel him grab my hand and play with my fingers. It sends electrical currents up through my core and my eyes start to flutter open.

When they finally are open enough I squint at the bright lights. Am I in a hospital?

I can't move my body quite yet so I just look where I can. I see a curly headed man in a chair next to me crying and holding my hand. I feel awful that I can't let him know I'm awake so I try to say something.

"Da-daddy?" It comes out scratchy and raw.

His head shoots up and his tears come more frequently as he squeezes my hand, "Babygirl! Are you alright? How do you feel?"

I try to get some saliva down my throat to moisturize it before I say, "My throat hurts." He nods in understanding. "You had an allergic reaction to shrimp." She says as he wipes his face.

I exhale for a long period of time. Who woulda thunk? I wiggle my fingers now that feeling is coming back to me and I look around. How long have I been here?

"You've been here two days." Harry says as if reading my mind, "The doctors said if you woke up within the next two you could be discharged... With parent consent..."

My eyes widen, "Is my mom coming?"

He nods, "Her and your dad."

My jaw clenches. He is not my dad. But I don't say anything. I don't want him to feel bad. "When are they coming?" I ask.

And as if on cue, "Tay! Oh honey! What happened!?" I mentally groan. Why is she acting like she cares so much?

"I had an allergic reaction to shrimp." I say bluntly. Suddenly I remember that I was in a very short dress and I looked under the covers to find myself in a hospital gown. Who changed me?

"Who knew?" My mom said lighting a cigarette.

"Mom I don't think that's-" she cuts my off with her hand. Whatever.

The room fills with the scent of smoke and I get the urge to smack the cancer stick out of her hand. I look over at Harry and he gives my a sympathetic look. Where is my dress? I mouth. He mouths back doctors took it.

My step dad walks in and eyes me then goes to Harry. "Are you the one who poisoned my daughter?" I cringe. I'm not your damn daughter.

Harry simply says, "We didn't know she was allergic to shrimp." He pauses before adding, "That's you and her mother's job."

Alec's jaw clenches and I can tell he wants to beat him through the floor. The doctor walks in and asks my mother to put out her cigarette. I mentally smirk.

He passes out the discharge papers and I sign happily before politely asking for my dress and coat back.

My mother and Alec leave and before I can change Harry says, "I brought you a change of clothes baby."

A/n: hey guys! Thanks so much for 300 reads!!! :0 This chapter is short because I'm currently writing it in my geometry class XD it'll get better. I'll update more on the weekends cause I have more time. Anywho, I love you all!! Byeeeee! - Babygirl xoxo